Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

2nd computer, how to?

Guest gasebah

Hi,I finally ended up running so many add-ons with FS2002 that it get poor frame rates.I understand that you can run other applications on a 2nd ciomputer using WideFS. But.... I need the 2nd PC to display a whole static panel w

FSFlightMax, using FSFM remote, will run on second PC using Widefs, don't know about the Garmin as I don't have it.Widefs also allows you to run ActiveSky, FS Meteo, RW, SB and other seperate programs on the second PC.From what little I know of WideView it allows you to run a second instance of FS linked to the main FS and with WideView you can display any FS window.HTH

Alex:There is a decent article on this topic in the current edition of COMPUTER PILOT magazine. Everything from a humble single cable interconnection of a PC and a desktop to elaborate multiple screen rigs with panoramic views. Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest gasebah

Thx guys.I just ordered the Computer Pilot magazine.Alex

Guest ozhero

Hi,I run FSFlightMax, Activesky and FSGarmin530 on my 2nd computer using WideFS and they all run perfectly....No frame rate hit whatsoever doing this whereas I would lose 3 - 4 frames running the Garmin alone on the same computer.Hope this helps ....

Guest gasebah

Yes, I could do that. But now on my (third) monitor I have not only the Garmin and Flightmax, but they are integrated in a panel that also shows engine instruments. Garmin and Flightmax are embedded in that panel. I have to run the panel window plus th other applications in order to get what I want. I include a pic so it is easier to understand.Alex