Sign in to follow this  

Airway identification

HiI am using PM flight planner to create routes for FS2002 however their is one thing that I am stuck on! That is identifying the airways! The FS2002 flight planner does not include airway names. If I know what navaids I want to fly to I cannot enter them into PM flight planner because I do not know the airway names. Does anyone know were I can find out airway names from?(I don't want to buy a payware flight planner!)Thanks guys.

Guest RONVKING

Hi,Have a look at www.fsflightmanager.com.You can get up to date airways info for it as well and quite easy to use.If you only want airways info then theres no need to get the full blown version, the demo one will do the job.Rgds Ron

you can always manually enter the navaids,one after one,with PM flight planner.I make sure I have a real-life flightplan,enter it into PM (ATS route insert) and PM will create all waypoints for that ATS route.I print out the whole package,and in FS flightplanner I just enter very navaid that PM comes up with for that ATS route.

Thanks.Were do you get the ATS routes from in the first place seba? Also, what if I want a VOR/NDB only ATS for captain sims 727?Cheers

just go to the the flightplan forum here at AVSIM (it's the last one) and request your plan and you will get a flightplanroute in ATS- formatwhy would yoi wanna have a VOR/NDB only,that's pretty unrealistic,or is the 727 non-RNAV or something like that?

Thanks. Captain Sims 727 has no FMS/GPS/INS so I can only fly the VORS!

Two VORS and two NDB - that's all the pilots got on most of the domestic 727s and older DC-9s. Very few were retrofitted with INS and flight computers.