Sign in to follow this  

Multi-texturing on GeForce 4 MX440?!

Hi all!Well, today is my birthday, and I recieved an Arcade FX GeForce4 MX440 as a gift. I installed the hardware, and installed the 4.1.0.9 Nvidia drivers. When I booted up FS, I noticed a good performance increase, but all my ground and scenery textures looked blurry, and the water animations were gone. I tried fooling with the display settings, but to no avail. It then hit me that somehow, multi-texturing was disabled on the hardware! I tried running the NVidia configurator, and fooled with those settings, but still with no joy. I tried 'Googling' for information on enabling (or improving) multi-texturing, and returned no useful results. Anyway, in the meantime, I popped my GF2 MX back into my PC, but I'd hate to have my father return the card. Any suggestions?BTW, I have tried searching the forums for 'mx440' and 'mx 440' and, '440 mx.'

Guest nhill

Hi, I use a GF4MX440 and get fairly good results. Since I am using 29.42 drivers it won't be exact, but a good starting place. Using "GeForce Tweaker" (from 3dguru) I set my Direct3D settings as: FSAA quality to 2x2, Level of Anisotropy to 16 tap and Mipmaping to -3.0 (or turn it off in FS2002). Occationally I get geometric "flashing" in some modes but to me it's worth it to get the good grapicsThese settings (and 29.42 drivers) seem to be a "sweet spot" for me, change any one of these and I get quite a bit of blurriness. Using AMD 1500+ and these settings I am very happy.

Guest flightpro08

David,As the GeForce 4 MX series of cards are not 100% DirectX 8.0 compliant, you might notice little "quirks" like you're experiencing. My best suggestion would be to exchange the card for a GeForce 3 Tixxx card. They're about the same price, and should give you much better results. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 41.09 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Hi there,There was a problem with the MX440 cards, but someone found a fix for it.Add these two lines in your "Display.cfg" file under the Geforce section,<000010DE:00000171>DriverValidate2=1 It worked wonders for me.

Thank you all for your help and suggestoions! Gary's solution was the trick! :DThanks again!

There is a file gf4mxdsp.zip at FLIGHTSIM that provides the additions to devices.cfg for the MX cards.

Guest Astrojet 112

>Hi there, >>There was a problem with the MX440 cards, but someone found >a fix for it. >>Add these two lines in your "Display.cfg" file under the >Geforce section, >><000010DE:00000171> >DriverValidate2=1 >>>It worked wonders for me. Hi Gary,How do you find the Geforce section "Display.cfg" file?Thanks

The GeForce Section is labelled GeForce. Open the display.cfg file with Notepad and use the search function.

Sorry about that,I should have provided a few more instructions. I was in a bit of a hurry and wanted to help everyone out. wsieffert summed it up pretty well above though. I'm glad that it worked out for you dchapman.Happy flying and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!