Sign in to follow this  

Lake Mead Nevada

Hello - I just moved to Las Vegas and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to fly to Lake Mead Using 2002 Professional.ThanksShawn G

Guest flightpro08

Shawn,Not exactly sure about what you're asking, but if I understand you right, you want to fly to/over Lake Mead. I frequently do VFR hops from KVGT (North Las Vegas) to KGCN (Grand Canyon) and fly over Lake Mead. You might want to give that route a try (it's especially nice at dusk.) :-coolRyan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 41.09 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

That is exactly what I needed.Thanks alot.Shawn G

Guest BobKK

Reminds me of that old joke..."Pardon me my good man, how do I get to Carnegie Hall"?"Practice man, Practice.Bob

Hoover Dam looks very nice in FS2002. Just depart KLAS and head southeast towards Boulder City.Brent

"Hi Shawn",Lucky you living in Vegas.We were there on holiday a couple of months ago, staying at the Luxor & MGM, visited Lake Mead, great place. Love flying over that area now, my favourite place.I have a Las Vegas mesh file which enhances the whole area, can`t remember where I downloaded it from so I can`t give you the website.It`s 4mb, so if you want it, give me your email & I`ll send it to you.Rob

I also visited Vegas from Seattle a couple weeks ago and stayed in an East-facing room at the Luxor. Besides Seattle, I would rate Las Vegas and Hawaii as my favorite places to fly on the Sim and in real life. For any plane spotter types out there, an East- facing room at the Luxor offers a magnificent, all-encompassing view of McCarran Intl. I actually had a more enjoyable time watching Commercial Jets, Helicopters, and Corporates coming and going (nearly 24 hours a day non-stop) than I did losing money downstairs in those damn slot machines. Also for an even better view of Lake Mead, try a flight from KSLC to McCarran or vice-versa. You will most likely fly over the entire lake on this route.John

Hi JohnI work at the Luxor as a Staff Accountant. I always find myself taking fake cigar breaks just to watch the planes take off. You also will see alot of helicopoter traffic.Shawn G.sgdawhole9@msn.com

Guest dpc

Nah, you're an accountant. You just need to know how to count :)

Hi Shawn, Hope you guys are putting my donation to good use!;) Seriously, I'll look ya up and say Hi next time down.Take care,John M.

I didn't get a chance to go inside, but it looks like an awesome hote. They put us up at the Gold Coast, but I did get to see Bally's and the Riviera.Brent

For another interesting flight, take off at Grand Canyon Airport, using a small and agile plane, fly into the canyon and then follow the river NW as it travels about 120 miles thru the canyon, leading up to Hoover Dam. It's interesting to fly some of the route above canyon wall level for a broad vista, and then to swoop down and follow the river bed, practically scraping your wings up against the canyon walls...Sherm