Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 airport beacons

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to make the airport beacons in FS2002 more easy to see from far distance, like in the real world where the pilots look for them at night to find the airport. The ones on there now are really crappy and you have to be like 500ft from them to be able to see them!

It is to bad that Lago's FSSE does not have airport beacons, since you would then easly make them visable from a long distance and place them in small airports.

Believe it or not, they aren't easy to see in real life either. Unless the airport is in the middle of nowhere with no other lights around. Even then the FS2002 lights still need work.

Guest KenG

That is exactly what I was going to say. I've taken quite a few night flights and had to search hard to find that airport's beacon. The airport I fly out of is in the midst of a lot of city lights and is notorious for being hard to see until you're right on top of it. Those airports in the boonies are not so hard to see. The beacons at larger airports are sometimes easier to see simply because they are frequently found in a dark area of land (aka, the airport).The beacons in FS may be dim, but frequently so are the ones in real life.

Guest Panman

I know for a fact that IRL on the approach to TTPP it is very hard to see the beacon even though the airport is in the middle of a large field, without a lot of lights to diminish it's intensity.

I live in Levenworth kansas, i am about 25 miles from Kansas City International, in some spots you can see the airport beacon when your driving down the road lookin toward the airport, all i really want is a different texture for the green and white of the beacon.