Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

No WX... what's up?

As of about 5:30 PST both FSMeteo servers are not responding and FS Real Weather is timing out. Any idea what's going on? My connection is working fine. Can access Internet, email, etc.Jeff EvansSMF

Im glad somebody else posted this!!! I tried downloading real weather this afternoon using FS2002 and get "SERVER TIMED OUT" as a response. I was able to use ActiveSky 1.5 however. Guess they use a different weather server.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

LOL! Last night and this morning I was trying to fly from JFK to BWI and encountered a region where suddenly my plane was totally out of control. At first I thought it was icing, but while in the process of crashing, I heard the ATC tell a Cessna the barometric pressure was 25327!!!!!! So I'm supposing there's a problem with the weather servers and they've taken them offline until they're fixed.

Hey, speaking of METAR, is there a way to get raw METAR data into MSFS2002??? Cause I got InfoMetar for Fly 2 and it's got a nice random weather generator, but I can't figure out how to get the data in MSFS. Any ideas?Because some days real weather is just too boring..... :)

Guest drobson

It's working as of 2100MST. Both were down prior to that.Darrell

Well, they're off again, I just tried to connect 10:01 pm pst and there was no connection. This explains something though, I did a flight earlier from Kelowna to Vancouver, and when i downloaded the weather, it had snow in Kelowna which was right, but an air temp of 68F - probably not possible. cheers!

Still not available and timing out in Chicago at midnight CST. Never have seen this problem before.:-(

Guest flightpro08