Sign in to follow this  

hmmm...Directx 9 problems?

Guest Macs

Sup dudes, First off,let me state that I'm not computer illiterate.Now,I'm assuming my problem was caused by installing Directx9 because ever since I installed it,my Ch products Flight yoke(PC) now only has about 4 buttons showing/working when there should be 10!I've tried re-installing the drivers,using system restore but I still have Directx 9 and I still have my problems,is there any way around this? Does anyone know the cause?Cheers in advance

I have installed DirectX 9 with WinMe and have not lost my buttons on my CH flightSim Yoke(USB). FS yoke works just as it always has. I only point this out as your problem may not be DirectX related. If you have WinMe,(oops I see you have WinXP), still, you should be able to go back to an earlier restore point. I have tried this on my machine just to see if it would restore DirectX 8.2 and it worked flawlessly. Of course that does not mean that System Restore will work flawlessly every time. One other time I lost the entire operating system doing a System Restore. Had to go the route of a recovery disk.

Guest Macs

Thank you ever so much for replying,I'll try restoring now and seeing if that can do anything for me. RegardsJohn Mc AvinueEINN/BAV 855Senior captainhttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600

jerrycwo4I'm sorry but i keep seeing the need to "go back" over and over to fix newly installed sofeware problems. Do your self a big favor and get roxio's "GO BACK", and that's one less problem you have to deal with. I have(and use it almost weekly) installed on ALL of my computers..... best 'insurance, money can buy.jerry