Sign in to follow this  

Taxiway signs for european airports?

I know of taxiwaysigns.com but they only have US and Canada airports so far, and I have downloaded them. But is there a site that has taxiway signs for european airports too?

I guess there aren't any taxiway signs for european airports yet.

If I am correct, the first European airport signs is for LJLJ but it is in beta wait...Roughly...as I understood Thomas, the reason that there are no other airport than US and Canadian is that the FAA rules for twy signs is uniform there, so they are correct and realistic... It might be not so for Europe or other parts of the world, since the CAAs are not yet unified and anyone can have some variation of the signs, therefore they would prove not to be realistic or correct.The future of taxiwaysigns.com is now uncertain...(at least I see it that way)...the project seems to be deeply frozen.......but I think that we twy developers could continue doing stuff"independently" but QA would probably suffer......I have some plans to do some more apts, when I have time,and release them bypassing the official betatest process (since I can test myself?!)Any sugestions on airports (non US) are welcome. Also if you have any information on your local taxiway sign "standard" (might they be different than the US ones) the info would be welcome.

>The future of taxiwaysigns.com is now uncertain...(at least I see it that way)...the project seems to be deeply frozen....Perhaps a look at the site will suggest otherwise:==================================================Welcome to TaxiwaySigns.com! GRAND RE-OPENINGDue to real-world commitments, TaxiwaySigns.com was put on hold for a few months. But we're happy to announce that we're back in action! ==================================================Watch for more TaxiwaySigns coming soon!!!Mike

Thanks for the replies, I will keep a eye out for those new european taxiway signs. Hope to see more North American taxiway signs to like JFK, LGA, MIA, MCO, and DFW

:) OK.. it wasnt like that a week ago (few days ago!)... and I've also contacted Thomas last week and got no reply...so I was pesimistic...now that we are back, I'm gonna get drunk and resume work... :)