Sign in to follow this  
Guest panzerschiffe

MD-11F flight dynamics

Guest panzerschiffe

Greetings all, I have uploaded updated flight dynamics for the FS Painter's MD-11. It is tuned specifically for the MD-11F. Filename md-11fdynamics.zip... I'd appreciate any feedback on it. One possible issue is that for you it may feel the aircraft is overpowered. This results from the way FS manages the engines thrust. You put in the engine's maximum static thrust, and FS will actually add on to that. Currently the thrust is set to 59,300 pounds (a little less than the GE CF6-80C2D1F's actual maximum rating of 61,300 pounds). If this gives to you an overpowered plane, go to the aircraft.cfg and change this setting:[TurbineEngineData]fuel_flow_gain=0.002000inlet_area=65.000000rated_N2_rpm=32360.000000afterburner_available=0reverser_available=1static_thrust=59300.000000 //80 engine on the MD-11, but 54,700 lbs is the maximum SUSTAINED thrust. This rating might give you a more agreeable N1 setting during cruise. The fuel flow will remain practically the same.Thanks,Albaro Villegas

Guest panzerschiffe

I've uploaded an updated version. Fixes jitters and shakes during pushback and taxi, and problems with landing gear breaking during landing. Few other aerodynamic changes. Look for it soon.Thanks,Albaro Villegas

Guest panzerschiffe

Hey all, hate to bump this but I really need some feedback from anyone who has tried it. I guess no news is good news, but I'd like to keep working on it. Thanks-AV