Sign in to follow this  
Guest rogue1

Ya know..don't overlook Abacus Corporate Pilot

I went back the other day to Abacus' Corporate Pilot. I just need to tell you that these planes, panels, and sounds are WAY AHEAD OF THEIR TIME. The GMAX planes have nothing on them. I flew the Falcon and the Citation, and they are absolutely GREAT! If you don't have this program....you should get it. It's probably pretty cheap out there now. I got it when it was first released, and when I go back to it, I'm still pretty amazed. Stan

>WAY AHEAD OF THEIR TIME. I keep hearing just about the opposite ...Michael J.

Although I miss the FMC from fs2000, with the patch for fs2002 I enjoy flying the Rockwell Commander as well as the corporate jets.I don't miss the virtual panels, since I never use them. Only my opinion!

Guest rogue1

Just posted these in the screenshot forum the other day. Was wondering if I could still fly this one. Had to tweak the panel, but it was a joy. If only I could get Abacus to update the MDL file to remove the nav lights and strobes, I could add FS2002 style lights.Gonna go ask them now. Will advise of any progress.Jimhttp://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID47

Good luck with contacting Abacus... If you can get FS2002 lights added I might buy this product. I know landing lights is out of the question but at least I'll have a good Citation X.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest rogue1

Right, but you cannot see the landing lights from inside the cockpit. Only GMAX aircraft have this capability, unless FSDS2 now supports that.BTW - where did you get that repaint? Very nicely done. Can you share? ;-)Jim

I agree that these planes were way ahead of their time. The Rockwell Commander is my all time favorite plane from FS2000 and I still use it in FS2002 and it flies great! As for the FMC I never used it, and the lack of a VC didn't bother me at all. I think the Twin Commander is worth the $$ spent for the entire package all by itself. Abacus gave me excellent support with the FS2002 swap over.Ken

Guest rogue1

Ditto. I love flying the Commander. Especially in Europe. Great plane, handles very nicely and has good range and speed.Jim

Guest Dean

>Right, but you cannot see the landing lights from inside the >cockpit. Only GMAX aircraft have this capability, unless >FSDS2 now supports that. I don't think they are GMAX A/C, but in Fly II the landing lights look very good from inside the cockpit.Dean Karis