Sign in to follow this  

has anyone had any luck with this concorde souund (con2

I'm run windows XP, so I boot to pure Dos and run the convert file, but still I'm not getting no sound.

Hi rastajuneYour message subject has been truncated but I assume you refer to CON2K2SD.ZIP (Author Martin Schwanke).The convert.bat file ran Ok for me and duly converted all the .mp3 files to .wav. It took about 2 minutes, running in a DOS window. I use Win98SE.I am able to play all the sound files, except for one. I sent this email to the author, which explains my problem - " to Martin SchwankeCongratulations on your Concorde Sound Pack. The take off is capturedparticularly well in the XLAN24 file. We live about 8 miles northwest of Heathrow and even at that distance, if you are outside, Concorde can be heard clearly when taking off, especially if the wind is from the south.I recently downloaded your file CON2K2SD.ZIP from Avsim & everything works fine except that I cannot play the XLAN1STRT file. All the other files play perfectly (in both .mp3 and .wav formats), but for some reason this one file is absolutely silent.I have been using Windows Media Player to try all the files out and the progress marker moves along the scale in the usual way when playing XLAN1STRT, but no sound at all. I notice that this is by far the largest file (938kb in .mp3 & 2584 kb in .wav), but I would be surprised if the size was a factor.I have also downloaded your slightly earlier file CON2K2FX (and CON2KFIX), and notice that this contains LAN1STRT as well as XLAN1STRT (both the same size), but I cannot get a sound out of either file.Can you help me with this problem, please?I was also struck by how much smaller CON2K2SD.ZIP is compared withCON2K2FX - 5065kb against 7043kb in Zip form. I compared the extractedfiles, which in total differed by 3,325,036 bytes. This was mainly because all the files in CON2K2FX with names starting LAN are omitted from CON2K2SD. I know very little about sound files in FS2002, but I woud be grateful if you would explain why they were omitted. The sound.cfg files seem identical and both refer to the LAN* files.With thanks in advance for your help - and wishing you a happy New Year." Unfortunately I got the following response -"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of itsrecipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: adolpho10@hotmail.com SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:: host mx2.hotmail.com [65.54.252.230]: 552 Requested action not taken: exceeded storage allocation"I assume this response means that messages have piled up in Martin's mailbox to the point where it has reached its capacity limit.So now I am stuck. Maybe Martin will read this post, or maybe someone else who has downloaded and used his file without running into any problems. There have been over 1000 downloads of CON2K2SD.ZIP & nearly 3000 of the earlier version CON2K2FX, so presumably most of these ran OK. Hope this is of some interest to you - please let me know if you get it to work OK.