Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Incredible Flight Simulation Movie For Download

I know this is not exactly FS2002 related but... I know this forum gets looked at the most and I'm hoping to drum up support for IL-2 Sturmovik as well as it's sequel due out in a few months (Forgotten Battles). Check out these movies that a user made using in-game footage. I just saw the 25 meg version and it's incredible. The download times are fantastic at the links below...http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsi...ies/JG54Ave.WMV (8Mb)http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsi...EQUIEM_705k.wmv (25Mb)

Very good! Especially the message you get from the flight line sequences. Used the 25mb version.L.Adamson

Guest Edam

An amazing video. I only have the demo version of IL-2. Is there a way, in the full version, to use the joystick as you can with FS2K2? With the demo, you have to use the arrow keys. (Unless I missed something.)

Never had the demo, but always use a joystick (Saitek X45) and rudder pedals in the full version.L.Adamson

Guest Edam

Thanks. It looks like I'll have to shell out for the full version. It just looks too impressive.

I've been simming for 20 years and I am a pilot. I can say with all confidence that IL-2 is well worth the money and is the best representative of flying that's ever been available for a PC...

Guest Edam

>I've been simming for 20 years and I am a pilot. I can say >with all confidence that IL-2 is well worth the money and is >the best representative of flying that's ever been available >for a PC... OK, I'm convinced. BTW...do you know Ayla? If so, can you put in a good word for me?

Thanks Caveman, That is the most impressive Flight Sim Video I have ever seen! The music really adds a lot.Ken

Wow!! Awesome video, that's the best flight simulation video i've ever seen. I'am going out the door to by the game now :-scatter

Yup, IL2 is by far the most amazing flight simulation around. It supports multiple joysticks and has great support from Oleg (the DEV).If it is not part of your simulation collection then I suggest you get it. They are also coming out with the forgotten battle version soon.

Amazing video.JimCYWG

Guest eko

Just had a chance to view the movie. Absolutely fantastic! Very enjoyable. Aaron Neville singing Ave Maria was a nice touch. :-)Downloading the IL-2 demo now... hehe.

Guest BP

IL-2 Is by far "Thee Best" Combat Sim out there, bar none. It's Falcon 4.0 on steroids x10 with sound/graphics that'll have you're hands sweating on your way home from work/school wondering if tonight will be the night your bunky packs and ships your belongings home. If you have a surround sound setup ( I have the 400 watt Klipsch 5.1) you will be blown away (pun) by the sound. The sound of the AAA and the Doppler effect are awesome. The deep throaty pounding and loud cracks off in the distance, below you, above you and saturating your senses like you've never experienced before.... Gees! Talk about an adrenaline rush! Contrails snaking in the sky. If you dare to take the time to look, the contrail forms slowly, majestically and threateningly as that pinpoint above you begins to take on a menacing shape. The flight dynamics are, well, all I can say is ... be prepared to learn how to fly and stay alive. Flying the edge of the envelope brings on a whole new meaning after flying champagne flights to Paris.IL-2? I love it!!Have funBillP-4 2.8g w/2g ramRadeon Pro 9700Klipsch Pro Media 5.1TM-Cougar w/RCS

Guest JonP01

I have to agree. After buying IL2, CFS2 came off my hard drive and never went back on. Even now, I still "jump" in my seat if an enemy slug pierces my fuselage skin. I'm not sure any flight sim has bettered it in any respect that matters to me, at least in the combat genre. And I have a speaker upgrade planned this year - only because IL2 and FB deserve it.