Sign in to follow this  

VMAX 747-200 is now out and downloadable.

The new VMAX 747-200 is now out for download at http://www.simpilot.com. I have the Cd version and it's awesome. Been flying it for 4 days now and I love every minute of it. Just wanted to pass it on to those who like the old classics.

Guest sbdwag

From a piracy standpoint I understand why the Vmax 747 is being distributed the way it is and its one purchase I would like to make ( I purchased the previous version online) But I have a few questions1> Is the 50 meg download restartable If I loose my Internet connection.2> Is there any way to back up my purchase or do I have to use the small install and re-download the entire software again if I ... say upgrade to a new system or hard drive. For me this system of copyright protection creates many problems for us dialup potential purchasers. I completely understand the reasoning behind it but it leaves my no choice but to pass on it because I don't want to spend and addition 10.00 plus shipping for just another great addon plane. SorryDennis

Hi Dennis. I might suggest that you ask Marty @ VMAX directly about this. I would suggest the use of a dialup manager as a good idea in general, but ask directly @VMAX. I will try to find out an answer and will post it if I do.Best REgards for the New YearEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Dennis my comments may not help because I have high speed Internet, but I'll pass along a tip I use to back up my online purchases.It requires two downloads for the same product, but you could do it in one if you wish.1. Temporally remove your FS2002 folder and place elsewhere. Then create another FS2002 folder (which is completely empty).2. Go online, and install the package you just bought.3. After the install is finished, zip the new FS2002 folder which contains all the changes and files of that particular product you just installed/bought. At this point, you can see what files are added to FS2002 after the install and you now have a manual way to install this aircraft, if need be. 4. I don't install manually, cause I'm lazy. After I've zipped the contents of the new install, I do a un-install of the product.5. I then move my original FS2002 folder back to where it belongs, and do another reinstall and I'm finished.Now being on dial up, I would not suggest doing the install twice. After the first download, I'd move the files in manually.Cheers...

Dennis:Apparently if you do not forget where you put the file there should be no trouble in re-installing it.Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest sbdwag

Wont work because many installs access the registry and wont work correctly if they are just copied. My reasoning for posting this is to open a dialog. Piracy protection is a extremly difficult problem there are many different schemes out there. And its a touchy subject because it cost all of us alot. Not only the developers but as is the case here the end user. And in the end it hurts us all. It cost me more money if I order the CD and if I dont it hurts the developer. What percent of individuals on the forums have dialup access.Please dont let this turn thread into a flame war. Im sure most developers has already weighed this issue. And in the case of FSD where nearly 5 illegal copys of the SV were out there for every one legal copy the lost revenue for those like me might be outweighed by the additional sales. I guess my question is have most developers weighed in on the issues of lost dialup revenues vs additional legal sales.Dennis

"What percent of individuals on the forums have dialup access."From home? Me for one..../rant mode on...I have sat and read a lot of posts over the last month or so regarding this issue of "piracy" versus the vendor's approach to protecting themselves (and his right to do so, or not). Most of them selfserving, sniveling rubbish... There is only one answer folks. When this community stands up and starts to report the thieves out there, and take a PROACTIVE role in putting piracy away in the FS world, then these so called "draconian" methods of vendors protecting themselves would not have to be taken. When piracy in this community bears the same social stigma of that of being a child molester takes place, and a pirate is treated as the outcast that he should be, then the publishers may well take a different tack. Until then, you pay, I pay, we all pay. And that won't change until WE do something about it./rant mode off...

I'm with you Tom. Good point!/reactive mode on...On the other hand, here in the US we are led by a bunch of crooks (government, Enron, insurance companies, drug manufacturers, etc.) who spend an awful lot of time deciding where to spend all the money they've ripped off from us non-assuming consumers, workers, poor folks. This whole country seems to be geared toward a "let the buyer beware" attitude. I don't see how we will ever change this environment from a grass-roots perspective. If so, it would have already been done by now. "Too little too late" is what we are left with. And don't forget that we, the consumers, pay for everything (fines, settlements, fraud, theft, mis-management, incompetence, etc.). Not to mention what we do to other less able and poorer countries/peoples./reactive mode off...(reactive mode is always on)Happy New Year! (if you can afford it)

By the way, I'm going over to the AVSIM store to buy it right now. I'm so excited. Can't wait.Regards,

Other than the landing view, is their a true "pilot's perspective" with the primary flight instruments dead center instead of far left?I really don't like the jump seat view on the primary panel - it really takes away from the realism for me. Thanks. Colin

Hi Colin. To which view are you referring, the 2D (normal , if you like) or the VC? The VC view can be moved almost anywhere using ActiveCamera ( a recommended download). The mainpanel view isn't the jumpseat on my view, it's the left seat ( PIC)Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest Anticyclone

Ed and Colin,FYI Ralph and Marty have included Active Camera Pro in the package (with our permission of course).Best,Serge BAYEEBBRwww.anticyclone.be