Sign in to follow this  
Guest w2sjw

Help for a newbie..

Guest w2sjw

I'm new to MSFS2002, but I've been active with MSTS for over a year and a half now, and decided to broaden my 'horizons'! I've got 2 simple questions:1. How do you take screen shots in MSFS2002? It's obviously not that same as MSTS, because I've tried (and can't find anything about it in the docs)!! :)2. Does anyone else using the Dauphin helio experience the sim pausing itself for a split-second as you raise the landing gear?I hope to enjoy MSFS as much as I've been with MSTS, and I hope they don't miss me much over on the other forums - I'm having too much fun here!Scott

Hi Scott:#1. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard and it will save to the clipboard. Be sure to minimize FS and paste the shot to a graphics program instead of just closing FS or you will lose the shot.#2. Can't help ya there.Have fun!KP

Hi Scott, and welcome to FS2002! Hope you enjoy it! Now, to answer your questions:1. In order to take a screen shot you press ALT & Print Screen - doing this will copy the screen shot to clipboard, therefore you have to paste the screenshot into an imaging program (such as paint) and save it as a file before taking a new screen shot. (There several programs that make your screenshots into a file right away, look for them here in the Avsim file library.2. You're not the only one that has problems with the helicopter - the split second pause is a common problem most people have. Im not sure how to fix it though.Hope that helps you out, enjoy FS2002!Cpudan80 :) :+

Guest Lindy

First, let me add my welcome to FS as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.Second, the split second pause while the Dauphin raises/lowers its gear is not a bug and does not need to be fixed. It is Antti's workaround for the MS anomaly that requires the pilot to pause the sim, then raise/lower gear on a helicopter, and restart the sim.The Dauphin is a great helicopter that is relatively easy to fly/land. (Just call me "Crash" if I'm trying to land any OTHER chopper! :-lol ) But yes, getting it to work has been difficult for lots of users.Enjoy your flight simming.-Lindy :-wave :-rotor

If you hit ALT with Print Screen you take a screenshot of the active window (the program you are working in) vs taking a screenshot of the whole desktop (start menu and all)... Either way works though...Cpudan80 :) :+

Guest w2sjw

Thank you all for your help & prompt responses. Like many of the guys & gals over at Train-Sim.com, I use IRFanView for my picture program. It does a wonderful job of shrinking pics down to keep them within the max upload size (I run at 1280x1024x32 in-game).Scott