Sign in to follow this  

FS2002, WinXP Pro & Direct X9

Hi,I recently upgraded my operating system to Windows XP Pro and DirectX9. Now, in FS2002, I cannot use mouse functions on the instrument panel or access menu options in full screen mode. I must switch to windowed mode first. This problem only manifests itself in FS2002. All of my other sims are working fine. Any help is appreciated and my apologies if this is a duplicate post.regards,DaveAMD 1.4 AthlonAbit KT7a512DRamGeforce 4 4200 64VramSB128WinXP ProDX9

hi davei tried DX9 with the latest catalyst 3.0 drivers,i had nothing but problems..in the end i landed up formatting my two 26gig raid drives..lost everything.a week later im getting back to normal.there is a DX9 removal tool on the internet if you think that might be the problem.i found it using GOOGLE.now im running WINXP with directx 8.1,and things are a lot better.some people report no problems with DX9, others like myself .......nightmare. best wishes steveathlon 2200+epox8k3a+512mb 2100ati8500sbliveWINXPproDX8.1