Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve K

Anyone using the Emachines T1742 to sim with?

LOL, my answer would be the same as at the "other" forum! (Don't do it).

hey, broi have the eMachines T1840,,,,with the same Vid Card,, get the computer but u pgrade the vid card to a better one.,, i have to deal with that one until i buy a new LOL....the computer is good,,,with a little upgrade..Mine T1840 specs are as followed..:Intel 1.8 Ghz40 Gb Hard Drive.Intel Extreme Graphics...LOL...(upgrading)DVD-RomCD-RW-rom128MB(upgrading)Javier CamposAvA-LaX/AAL251ZOA ARTCC/VATSIM

Can you post a couple of screenshots of the cessna 182 at meigs?ThanksI've been using a 366Mhz celeron Emachines for the past 3 years and have not had any problems with it, it's a great pc but the 4 meg vid card can't handle fs2k2, worked great for fs98.

Ok here are some shots, of the cessna at meigs,,,the last two shots i took some time ago sometimes they come out like that.., but they look way better,,,tell me your opinion,,,the point is to have fun man....Javier CamposAvA-LaX/AAL251ZOA ARTCC/VATSIM

The shots look pretty good to me. What don't you like about the intel extreme card, does fs2002 pause alot or low frame rates?What picture editer did you use to shrink the pics, they look real nice? When i shrink pics they don't look as good as the original.Thanks again.

Actually, frame rates are around 15 FPS sometimes they go down to 5 i seriously think is because of the Memory, i try to update ASAP,,,then i ll tell you whats up, whats your e-mail...??I use Paint Shop Pro 7..Javier CamposAvA-LaX/AAL251ZOA ARTCC/VATSIM

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Emachines sometimes uses low-quality parts, be aware of that. The price and config are okay, but graphics are just terrible. Didn't realize that they still sell PCs without a dedicated graphics card.

Everyone is talking like this "integrated" video is on a card. Are you sure it's not built on to the motherboard? If so does the board have an AGP slot for expansion? I'd do some research. I'm brand new to Flight sim but I've had some experience with Train Simulator. I put together my own computers for years but then I was lured into buying a 400mhz E-machine with a "celery" by a great price. I wish I had thought it out better at the time. It had 4 megs of AGP video with no slot for expansion. I put the maximum RAM in it that it would take, which was 256mb, and added a 32mb PCI video card. With that setup, I could get decent graphics out of Train simulator but the frame rates were horrible. I'm not throwing off on the E-machine by any means, it could have been any brand of computer. I just didn't think things out very well. It was an impulse buy. The system I have now, which I built, is a 2 GHZ. Pentium IV with 512mb of RAM (I wish it was more and DDR as well) and an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with 128mb of DDR video RAM. I am very pleased with it's performance but I'm adding more RAM as soon as possible. Just my opinion but I think the best route for any gaming system is to to put it together yourself or have a knowledgeable friend do it if you can't. If not that, call Dell or Gateway and let them put together one for you. Sorry to be so opiniated but I've learned some hard lessons about perceived value in my years of fooling with computers. You really do get what you pay for.Regards,Michael

Guest Wichita

>Everyone is talking like this "integrated" video is on a >card. Are you sure it's not built on to the motherboard? If >so does the board have an AGP slot for expansion? I'd do >some research. Your right,its merely a video chip thats on the mobo. Look real close at the mobo and I doubt that there is a AGP slot. E-Machines are great for small everyday stuff,I've got one that my kids use thats nearly four years old and still works great. Unless E-Machines have changed their not meant for upgrading,most all features are intergrated on the mobo and because of that you get the low,low price.David

Guest Steve K

I bought an emachine T2200 (AMD Athlon,512MB RAM,100GB HD) and it had the integrated graphics also.I had a 64MB GeForce2 AGP card on another machine that I installed in this one with absolutely no problems. The frame rates improved and the graphics look better.I guess if all of us could afford high end machines we wouldn't be discussing this.I'm pleasantly surprised at the performance and how well built my cheap little emachine is.My last computer was a Micron Millenia with all the bells and whistles(and I paid a ton for it).Until Microsoft comes out with their next generation of flight sim software, which forced me to upgrade computers, I'd recommend an emachine to anyone on a budget who wants decent performance from MSFS2K.I'm sure there are much better, faster machines on the market but if you're that serious about this hobby wouldn't it be cheaper to actually take flying lessons?