Sign in to follow this  
Guest imemyself

Name 3 things you want for Fs2004..?

1.Better AI logic2.Better weather3.Better enviroment. For example, at night at an airport there should be giant lights that give the scenery a yellow-brown light. That light should also show on the AI aircraft. All elements of the FS2002 enviroment should be able to interact with one other.

1. Our own "home" airport where we can see all our installed planes parked at gates or on the tarmac and we just choose the one we want by moving over to it and activating the door.2. Terrain with the accuracy of topographic maps.3. Ultra-realistic clouds and weather.

Guest SlimDady

1)Better AI/ATC2)Better scenery all around(airports, taxi signs, gates, more detailed textures)3)Better flighgt models

Wow that some post,, hope we all get what we want,, i can see that most of us want the same thing,well i hope they improve that and many things...Javier CamposAvA-LaX/AAL251ZOA ARTCC/VATSIM

jerrycwo4A lot of people here say add taxi signs, but please do NOT get rid of "Progressive taxi" !!! I use it almost EVERY flight.jerry ;)

Progressive taxi :~P.I want a blonde stewardess that will bring me coffee on those long haul flights.... :-wave

Guest kurtj

I think MSFS should do away with mesh and go right to satalite imagery and then place autogen on top of the satalite imagery. Then they can mold the satalite scenery into the shape of mountains in areas. That way there is now question does this mesh scenery look realistic to the real enviroment. No pine trees in tropics. Trees should be placed appropriately to scenery areas.With MIP mapping city light textures look blurry in FS2002. I think this should be fixed.All airports extremely realistic.Weather patterns - Be able to create weather patterns using an interface like on the weather channel to create satalite areas of clouds and a radar depiction of percipitation. There should be sheet lightning and Cloud to ground lightning that would light up the night sky in realistic CB clouds. Overcast weather don't have shadows or the appearance of sun shining on the plane. Overcast should go to the horizon so there is no blue area. Visiblilty should change too. Overcast skies, grey visiblity, Blue clear skies, blue visibility. Smog should also be a consideration.I thought I would put in more than 2 cents worth of info. I hope MS is looking at these requests to make future sims as realistic as flying a real plane.

Guest dcc

1 - improved weather (dynamic, 3D clouds, etc.,) 2 - reasonably compatible with fs2002 planes, scenery, other add-ons3 - if major changes, then SDK available with sim (on release date or as part of the package)- dcc

Guest JZL 1

1. Why, more planes of course; and I'd like to see backward compatability. I'd hate to lose my non-gMAX planes. And when I say more planes, I mean more interesting planes. Heck, they put the Go 229 in CFS-3, right? They need something special to take the place of the Concorde.2. Wx that appears first in the distance instead of suddenly surrounding you, that could be set up regionally if one wanted.3. ATC that allows you to amend your altitude. ATC flights with aircraft that need to burn some fuel at a lower altitude are impossible. MS also needs to fix the ATP checkride.Graphically, I'd like to see a light-scattering feature. Many modern vidcards can handle it.

1. Better frame rates 2. FMC instead of/and GPS3. Better airports with proper buildings, gates and taxiway signs

Guest Stratus_Fractus

1. Better weather engine.2. Better flight models.3. Better graphics/fpsBTW Javier, your sig is still over the limit.

Guest ssurjap

I noticed that some of you are requesting better ATC especially with requests for direct routing, altitude amendments, SIDs and STARs. You can get that with Radar Contact v 3. It's payware, but from what I've seen and heard, it's well worth it.What I've noticed is that none of the default aircrafts in FS2K2 have no TCAS. What's up with that? :DSteve

Guest JonP01

1. Cockpit "head shake". The same as is implemented in sims such as IL2 Sturmovik, Grand Prix Legends, Rally Trophy and Jane's WWII fighters. Of course I don't expect the movements to be extreme as in those sims, as this is a civilian sim. Nevertheless, we don't fly in our cockpits with our head movement mimicking a camera securely mounted on a tripod. There should be subtle head movement caused by such things as small bumps on the runway, turning, pitch changes, turbulence, etc. Seeing as 3D cockpits will rule FS2004 and beyond, it makes sense to implement this realism enhancement that has been in motorsport and combat sims for quite some time. As I say, i don't expect the movement to be extreme, but we all know from driving our cars that our heads and bodies shake around a bit (unless you drive a Rolls Royce).2. Improved roads. They still don't look right and don't really match my VFR charts at all.3. While we are on the subject of roads, please bring back the moving cards we used to have in FS2000. But this time keep their speeds down below 300 knots please :-lol 4. And yes, taxiway signs. Yes, I know I could do them myself but it's a lot of work for one bloke!That's four. In any case, anything else I want would cause too much of a performance penalty on any machines I expect to be available within the next few years.

1. A realistic weather system... I know thats ery broad but I mean, like being able to see weather fronts in the distance and being able to avoid them and fly around cells, etc. Also, the air needs to be more fluid and wind changes need to blend in with each other.2. I want things to be SOLID. No more being able to go through buildings, sink into runways or the ground, go thru other AI planes... Turn off damage if you want, but if you run into something, *BANG* your plane hits it. 3. A realistic flight model that is actually designed side by side with the weather system (the air part of the weather). To me, that makes all the sense in the world... make the weather possible to virtually fly thru air and not just "simulate" flying thru air... and create flight models to fly thru that air, you see what I mean? Make the two work together. Then it wouldnt be so impossible to make planes that can do real snap rolls, spins, stalls, hammerheads, tailslides, slipping, so on so forth. 4. We need atmosphere... badly. If you look at F1 racing sims during races when its raining, you see how atmospheric it is? How wet and cold it really looks and how if you touch your screen, you could swear your hand would get wet? Or what about those games that have heat waves? And haze... just all around atmosphere. The air needs to look a little bit more murky, at least around the cities. I understand that many of those would be frame rate hitters, but face it, by the time FS04 comes out, cpu's are probably going to be up in the 4.0 ghz area, if not higher. I know that most people will not have top quality computers... but they should be able to implement those things without too much of a problem.

Hi, "cpu's are probably going to be up in the 4.0 ghz area, if not higher. I know that most people will not have top quality computers... but they should be able to implement those things without too much of a problem. "I agreed, I hope they will able to update fs2k2 and implement new stuff without killing all the frame rate.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis