Sign in to follow this  
Guest imemyself

Name 3 things you want for Fs2004..?

>3. A realistic flight model that is actually designed side >by side with the weather system (the air part of the >weather). To me, that makes all the sense in the world... >make the weather possible to virtually fly thru air and not >just "simulate" flying thru air... and create flight models >to fly thru that air, you see what I mean? Make the two work >together. Then it wouldnt be so impossible to make planes >that can do real snap rolls, spins, stalls, hammerheads, >tailslides, slipping, so on so forth. >I know what you mean,......... kind of like X-Plane which still has FM problems, but the snap rolls, spins, stalls, hammerheads, slipping & tailslides have been made possible already. Of course it's not real, but a very convincing job of "faking" it!Just this morning I was doing some very realistic tailslides and one even ended in the best "flat" spin I've run into!http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.htmlL.Adamson

1. VERY GOOD VFR SCENERY (Satellite Images or whatever they are)2. An easy scenery editor like in Fly! II3. Pilot Controlled Lighting4. SMART AI (Ha!)That's it for now.----------------------------------------------Jeff M.

Thanks! I had forgotten about that. Now I guess I will have to add something else to the list. :-lol

Guest SlimDady

>Hi, > "cpu's are probably going to be up in the 4.0 ghz area, if >not higher. I know that most people will not have top >quality computers... but they should be able to implement >those things without too much of a problem. " >Not to mention the speed of video cards.. the word is the geforce fx is like 4 times faster then ti4600, and then raden says there next card will be 4 times faster.. By the time we see fs2004 video cards will have come so far who knows what we will see..Basically we all want every feature in fs2002 to be better in some way. Thats what I hope. Id like to see a general progression of every feature in the sim, weather its realism or graphics. Im sure they will come through.. Fs2002 was an amazing jump from 2000, and with new hardware the jump to 2004 should be even better.

1. More AI aircraft configuration options plus an editor to control the AI Traffic in a more managable way than FS 2002. For example, the ability to place specific liveries at specific parking spaces at an airport. The ability to provide flight plans for AI aircraft to follow so there are flow patterns at airports like in real life.2. Better atmospherics. No blue bands at the horizon for overcast conditions. Better thunderstorm clouds. Ability to see different localized cloud conditions, not global conditions. For example, I don't want to fly along and have the clouds go from scattered everywhere to overcast. Isn't it possible to build a system that uses textures surrounding the local radii of reporting stations. Then allow these textures to merge at the midpoints between stations?3. Pilot controlled lighting for airfields. I've asked for this since version 3. If one tunes the Com radio to the field freq. and then presses a key sequence to simulate multiple clicks of the microphone, the field lights can be controlled. I would like to see an option added so all but the largest airports have lights go off late at night local time and the pilot must active with PCL. But not just from off to on, also allow for low and high intensity changes.4. Expand ATC to allow for DP, STAR, step climbs, deviations in altitude and/or flight path for weather (turb, wind, CBs, etc.) Also, I would like to see smarter flight following. Give traffic calls in accordance with speed. Calling out traffic within one mile makes no sense when you are going 450 kts. TAS! If possible, give vectors for traffic clearance.5. I would like to see more flexiblity for runway assignments for UI and AI aircraft. Design airport configuration files that control the airport flow. If no configuration file exists, default to the current ILS only scheme. In the configuration file, allow for runway assignments based on wind direction, time of day, priority of specific runways, and aircraft type. This configuration file ties in with Item #1 above, where AI flights should be given the ability to use specific runways based on flight plan. MS doesn't have to build every configuration file, just design the software to allow for it and let the user community do the work.I have many more wishes, but the thread asked for 3 to 5. :-)I hope at least a couple make it into the new version,Bruce

Hi, well hope we get what we want, lets all cross or fingers and hope we get a least 3 things from this thread..LOL...Thx for responding,,,,Enjoy the new yearJavier CamposAvA-LaX/AAL251ZOA ARTCC/VATSIM

Guest imemyself

I'd like:1)Better ATC, so you can declare an emergency and ATC will clear the airspace, etc.2)You can see ice, water snow on the ground accumulating3)Update the Lear 45, C-182RG, and other planes that are essentially the same as in FS2K4)Easy to use utility to add/edit AI flights5)Same basic type of aircraft files-not like CFS3 or atleast compatability for both types of a/c files.6)Slew faster-it takes forever to move an aircraft using slew currently7)More new planes