Sign in to follow this  
Guest imemyself

Name 3 things you want for Fs2004..?

Hi, name 3 to 5 things you would like to see improved in Fs2004,,,things you want to appear or something..no matter what is it..Happy New Year..1.Taxiway signs,on big airports like,KJFK,KSFO,EGLL,MMMX,YSSY,EDDF, VHHH,LFPG,LIRF etc...2.ATC(to fly STAR's and DP's)LOL3.rudders and more better flight dynamics improved....4.Gates on on more airports....like above airports5.and to be kool and fun...as alwaysHappy New years...Javier CamposAvA-LaX/AAL251OAK ARTCC/VATSIM

Guest flightpro08

1. Better weather and atmosphere (clouds, thunderstorms, lightning, transitions & cloud shadows)2. Improved scenery textures (like the ones from the VFR scenery of England! -- wishful thinking ;)3. Improved AI traffic and ATC (assigned parking areas for separate airlines (w/o using RAFCAD method), AI plane separation for approaches, HF radio support on ATC for trans-oceanic flights, different accents depending on part of the world you're in, etc..)

1. Completely redone flight dynamics with full disclousure on how to edit them so that 3rd party developers can create totally realistic flight models.2. Realistic weather - I want to be able to see a cloud bank from 100 miles away before I fly into it. I want to see towering anvil CB that MAKE me want to deviate around them! 3. Rewritten graphics engine that will take advantage of new things like the GeForce FX cards that are coming out. There's really no reason FS shouldn't be able to run at 40-60 FPS sustained like IL-2 etc if they recoded the engine to be efficient...Deserves a Mention: Worldwide easily-updatable Nav database (i'd even be willing to pay a yearly subscription for this as long as it was within reason) that can be accessed by any addon (FMS's, GPS's etc) that would include navaids/airways/and DPs, STARs, and IAPs. This is a big problem on VATSIM where we use real world procedures, but the FS2002 database is long out of date...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan while things like the weather might be on the list Direct X 9stuff won't be as my guess is that 2004 will be fully dirX8 but not 9most of the programs code is probably "locked in" allready And I like many hope that the flight dynamics will be opend up as well. Dan

nice one,,,,the diff accents on different parts of the world , is good, the weather is awesome...hope all this comes true....LOL..Javier CamposAvA-LaX/AAL251ZOA ARTCC/VATSIM

1. Better looking roads and highways, with sliders for dramatically increased complexity of highway infrastructure in major countries.2. Better looking downtown areas for all cities. Some are just awful, and not even remotely realistic (I.E. - Indianapolis).3. More realistic textures (and especially texture colors), and randomization of textures so that they do not "pattern" in extended views. Improvements to the coloring of vertical surfaces. Sliders to reduce or eliminate snow in winter as desired.4. Improvements to AI and ATC systems. Include improvements to contacting desired "towers" at any location in flight, and remove and modify being "dropped" by controllers if instructions aren't followed exactly or timely.5. Make autopilot act axactly like real world systems, when landing. Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

In addition to all of the other items mentioned...1. Taxiway signs at ALL airports (if ATC can tell you to use them then signs are needed)2. Ability to give different AI settings for different airports. For example, it would be nice to set a lower percentage at a big busy airport like KORD while setting a very high percentage at a smaller airport like KALB.3. Realistic rain and snow (including blowing/accumulating snow and puddles)4. Ability to load a flight plan without repositioning the aircraftWell that's all for now.Happy New Year!!!:-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug

bryan,number 4 you mentioned (no reposition) is already possbile:FSUIPC has an option where you can check this

Guest outtatimeiii

1. Moving aircraft carriers like in CFS2, or at least give us something NEWER to have a challenge on. The carriers look like the same ones in FS98.2. More landmarks in smaller cities/towns (my home town of Michigan City IN, is known for a pier and lightouse on Lake Michigan...all that resembles that is a semi big orange building). Ill be very happy if I see it in FS2004.3. Car mode! LOL you enable it and hop in your favorite car and take a drive. This may be a flight simulator, but there are no car simulators that I know of that let you drive almost anywhere without boundries (Microsoft could solve this with a new sim called Car Simulator 2003 but I doubt it).4. Better performance on lower class machines. I wouldn't say my computer is lower spec quite yet.....but I will not upgrade my comp just to play a simulator. My computer is perfectly stable as is, rather not mess with it. I can get around 30fps easy at Meigs with everything maxed out. I expect around the same in FS2004.5. I want smarter AI too. I don't like when i'm landing my prop at a semi big airport and out of nowhere a MD-83 cuts me off and makes ME go around. Last time I checked, they dont do that in real life LOL.Oh yeah,6. Better trim control for those of us that dont use a autopilot.Ok I think thats good enough :) Everyone have a good new year!

Hi, The most important IS the frame rate. It is not sure at all you will have acceptable frame rate at the release like fs2k2 was. A software without good frame rate is useless. Tons of feature can be implemented with killer frame rate is useless. Fs2002 will never be succesfull without the good framerate. (Still get complain from some user and still get complain in the weather frame rate hit).#1 Frame Rate#2 Free Stuter#3 New Feature implemented with acceptable Frame Rate ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest gooper

1. better flight dynamics2. better flight dynamics3. better flight dynamics4. " " "get the picture microsoft!!!

1. ATC ability to give vectors on request (like Xplane!)2. Better AI behavior. 3. More diverse default aircraft.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

1. Better weather and weather effects2. More details at the airports (gates at ALL the major airports)3. Have more than 1 runway in use (at airporst that have 2 or more runways)4. More details to cities5. The ability to step climb up to cruise altitude6. When flying in Europe have european reg #'s used on the AI aircraft. In Canada have Canadian reg #'s used on the AI aircraft ect.7. More AI aircrat at the airports without having to download anything8. Alittle faster taxi speeds for AI aircraft9. The ability to divert to another airport