Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Clouds are flat in FS2k2 Pro... HELP!!

I installed FS Sky World and put all the clouds in and got everything setup properly except I have one problem.Why are the clouds flat when I fly through them. In FS2k the clouds would be puffy so they looked 100% real. In FS2k2 from far away and up until I fly through them they look great, but then when I fly through them or close to them they go flat.Can someone please help explain what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this.Thanks and Happy New Year!tHE cHEMiST.

Make sure you have no text messages on the screen like the frame rate numbers. My clouds are puffy when necessary.

Guest flightpro08

I have no text, some of the clouds are puffy but most aren't.

So I'm guessing your seeing the same thing I am?

Hi, Msfs fs2000 & 2002 does not contains any volumetric clouds at all, they are sprites that's rotate face to the aircraft and sometime the clouds don't rotate make those Paper thin effect clouds. The Cumulus and Thunderstorm appear in "3d" visual forme, only when the aircraft is near the clouds layers, if you are too much above or below them, they will transform to cirrus clouds type.Msfs contains High level clouds, they look like cirrus, stratus, clouds type that's appears above or below near 4000 feet of the aircraft altitude.Things will change in Fs2004!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis