Sign in to follow this  

WHERE'S MY PACKAGE????

I know this is a little off topic, but following the conversation of which to use, FedEx or UPS. I have worked for UPS, and now I work for an company that does expediting for FedEx. I have to say that whenever possible I use FedEx. They are a much better company in terms of customer service and package visibility. I think its because they are a smaller company. UPS is HUGE and in the Des Moines hub I worked as a sorter and they moved on average, off peak season,75,000-80,000 pieces in one 4 hour shift. Let me tell you all that unless your freight is too heavy to pick up, its being thrown. There is just no time when you are sorting out 1,000-1,500 pieces an hour to pick packages up and place them on the belts behind you. Its also impossible to tell where your shipment is at once its left the sort facility onto a package car because they have no way of telling where the driver is at, or they dont want you to know. FedEx has a radio in each truck and normally will be happy to tell you where he is at or will be if your package is on the truck and want to meet the driver along his route to pick up your piece. FedEx employees are SO MUCH nicer than UPS employees its not even close on that one. UPSers are dirtbags, and as I said before, I wont use UPS unless an ebay seller exclusively uses them and thats the only way to get the shipment to me.Hopefully your shipment never left the warehouse, but during the busiest part of the year at UPS and FedEx, dont be completely surprised if it just wasnt able to be delivered. Not all hubs (UPS) or stations (FedEx) are able to use expediting companies like mine to get everyone's stuff to them on time.Craig

i feel for ya. but you also gotta remember this is the busy season for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS. ive orderd a few things online, altho i pay by money order i still get the same results as with online pay services and recieve the product within the week. anyway funny enough i recently purchased the CH pro pedals and virtual pilot pro from an online bid at ebay (VERY VERY CHEAP!!!). the merchendise was sent the first week of september through USPS PRIORITY MAIL with insurance. you would think itd get here within 2-3 days since it was within the US and not too far from me. but it took exactly 4 weeks to arrive. i had to go pick it up however because i wasnt home when they tried to deliver it. when i asked them how come it took so long they pretty much said its theyre busy season and there were tons of people in my shoes.also i used to work at a factory where i handeld there shipments. everything would go out by UPS unless they were letters which then theyd be sent through fedex. anyway, never had a problem with them except during the holidays when things always tend to slow downgood thing theyre investigating tho. its sad that some people in these types of businesses could have sticky fingersErnesto Alvarez