Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

CaptainSim fiasco

Guest Jalok

First of all, where's CaptainSim military discipline!? For an ex-military, I expected much more from Alex and his team. He just quit his duty, his own selfimposed release. Few people love to say: "Common, wait 2 or 3 days more and you will get the damn activation code! Go celebrate new year with your family and friends!". Despite of trying to impose their morals, habbits and way of live to other people who have payed for a product, why don't those people say the samething to the CaptainSim!? He could easily release his product 2 days later, or when he would really get it finished (yes! there're some features yet to be implemented) and/or could provide support to his customers. But no, he prefered to release 'before' the end of year, just not to get the bad propaganda of grabbing money from people one year and deliver the product on the next one! Too bad strategy, since there're a great legion of ###### customers who pre-ordered 10, 20, 30 or 40 days before the Nov 19th and still have no activation code!!He also promised 3 weeks ago on his own forum that activation tech would be replaced by a permanent key. Like those two promised surprises (which were consumed by the delay 'compensation'), that was just another betrayal from him to people who believed him and decided to not ask for a refund or to pay for the product in advance. As someone else said, the surprises were in fact the 45-day delay and the activation thing. His policy focuses much more on piracy than on his loyal customers. In his mind, it's much more important to avoid pirates putting their hands on his product -- people who will never purchase the addon, being it crackable or not -- than give comfort and satisfaction to people who really support and put money in the project. Now, he broke another record. The 'most betatested' FS addon, as he was proud to say, had the earliest service pack release in the history! CaptainSim can't even complain to his betatesters as they were all those pre-order people who helped in expectation to have a nearly bug-free product. For people who don't believe, go to the CaptainSim's forum and check how many bugs were reported just in 2-4 hours after the 'release' time. Far beyond other similar products which never counted on so many betatesters, and which had to 'pay' for betatesting, not receive money from customers in advance.For cautious people and owners of selfrespect, I would suggest to wait for Dreamfleet release of its B727. Their product may be as good as or even better than the PrivateSim one, and you don't have to be a hostage of an unfair activation technology nor of a surreal 'ex-military' customer service.

Get over it for god's sake, people DO have lives outside of FS :-roll like to see you try and make something... Durock...Best Regards Derek Beal :-wavePROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D

Actually...I suspect that the technical release was internally set to expire on 12/31. Mine did. It is of interest that the official release took place the same day. Im not displeased. its an upgrade to what I had and much better. However further tweaks are needed in some areas.I dont think that a bashing of Captain Sim will help matters. I also dont think its any reflection on morality, military discipline or any thing else. This is a simulation dude. The other thing you might consider is to keep your credit card in your pocket until the product you want is at a state you can deal with.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg