Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptKramer

How do you save a Flight Plan ? Etc.,,,,,

Guest CaptKramer

About FLY II....Is there a way to save a flight plan ? And if not..why not? Please respond here and/or my email:solomonkramer@yahoo.comAlso, the old FLY2K accurately positioned the aircraft on both the vector map and on the regular charts. Is there a way to correct this ?Also flying the PC-12, seems there's the throttle is "hot" and hard to throttle down. Any suggestions? About the PC-12..where's the documentation of how to use all the avionics with diagrams, etc. Incidentally, how can I save a scenario prior to take off.. then quit, and reload the scenario fom the beginning - not at the point that I quit? Love FLYII , despite the bugs. Wish I could organize a group to buy the rights to this wonderful program - fix it - and then kick MSFS's butt. Anybody interested??Happy Landings !

Guest danieletona

"Wish I could organize a group to buy the rights to this wonderful program..."Hi Kramer,I would be prepared to participate.Dan

Guest CaptKramer

Maybe you could write all of your many flight sim enthusiasts... see if people would be willing to put up $100USD each per unit of participation, and deposit the money in an escrow account in a bank until we have about 500-1,000 units pledged.I think that the company that owns FLY might listen to a cash offer. Otherwise, seems FLY is going to be dependent on the kindness of strangers.What are your thoughts?

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The PCXII is one of my favorite default aircraft, though one of the most bug ridden. The condition lever is the source of your throttle problems. Sometimes for me it also is so underpowered I can't taxi. Both these problems are usually resolved temporarily by switching to the King Air and back. In fact, I usually use "persistent world" for startup. If I am finishing a session in the PCXII I usually switch to the King Air (Aurora) just before logging off. As you might have noticed, the condition lever does not shut off the engine like it should. Once you pull the fuel cutoff and shut down the switches, you can get a restart by cycling the fuel cutoff even though the master and start switches are off. Alejandro (AKA FLY2pilot) is working on fixes for this bird. Do you have the FLY II manual? If you do a search of Avsim file library FLY 2 Miscelaneous category using the keyword "PDF" it should be about the third one, the name is something like FLY2_Complete_Users_guide.zip. If you just want the Pilatus docs it is in the "aircraft" category. I know, confusing.I have never tried it, but apparently you save a flight plan by saving the flight for which you created it. Menu bar, far left. Like if youre going from KSFO to KLXV, you create the flight plan then save the flight where you want to start from next time. If you want to do the same flight in different aircraft, use the "save flight as..." option. I know for a fact that when I exit in "persistent world", my flight plan is how I left it. So it's easy to do multileg flights during different sessions, or create a flight plan then fly it next session. To set up "persistent world", Menu bar, options, startup.It never bothered me enough to apply it, but there IS a fix for the aircraft chart position in the Avsim Library. I'll look it up.Saving a scenario? That all comes under saving a flight I think.I think most of us would have the future of FLY 2 on our minds if we ever hit the lottery. But there are more practical avenues that might have effect. After years of not being comercially available, Take Two is selling copies of FLY 2. Buy a few for your friends, it's a bargain at $14.95. PMDG has released products like the 777 and Greek airports scenery thru Shareware.com, it's a fair bet they're tracking sales volume. ROTW has a DVD chock full of addons for FLY 2, once again sales volume is what might trigger further developments for FLY 2. All the stuff on the DVD is available for download, but 3 gigs is a chunk of data even for broadband. Even cheaper, respond to the Avsim survey about what your primary sim is. Or post some screenshots in the proper forum showing off FLY 2. Bush Flying Unlimited is also a good place to show off your fave sim, look for their forums on Avsim. A little advertising can't hurt.Best Regards, Donny:-wave