Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

how is your opinuin on PSS747?

Guest Marvel

Hello I'm planing to buy the PSS747 by downloading off the web, can I have your opiniun on this product b4 I buy it? Something like pros and cons and the level of realism compair to other products. Thank you and happy new year.

Guest flightpro08

I love it. It's by far the best 744 panel available for FS2k2 IMHO.As you probably already know, the package was originally designed for FS2000, and was recently "patched" to work with FS2k2. Though, from a panel perspective, you would never know it. :-) Here are a few features from the panel.1. Fully functional FMC2. Electronic Checklist (still the only one in MSFS history I believe)3. Realistic layout4. Landing View5. Full CAT III Autoland system (3 autopilots)The visual model is a bit out dated. Though, our good friends at POSKY recently released their 747 GMAX series, hence a great alternative to PSS' model. The two items merge perfectly using POSKY's new FDE, and simply aliasing the PSS panel and sounds over. I usually don't do this, as I like to use the panel's original FDE (like with Lee's PIC767/POSKY merge), but I've found the new 744 FDE works great with PSS' panel.Overall, I've enjoyed the PSS 747 package. While it's not the best or newest panel on the block, it more than gets the job done, and is a great bargain. If you want to see any screenshots or have any further questions, just let me know.Hope this is what you were looking for. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 41.09 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Guest Marvel

flightpro08, thank you for your infomative post. I've heard somewhare that PSS747's FMC won't accept airways input. Is this big issue?

No issue at all. Until PSS released their A320 series which DOES allow airways to be used, noone mentioned the lack of it in the 747 as being a problem (and now suddenly people cry murder because it doesn't allow airways).

Guest flightpro08