Sign in to follow this  

All Captain Sim 727 owners .....

How is it on the framerates? I have an Athlon 1.2 and TI4400, and before I purchase I would like some feedback on how it might run on my machine.

I think it's very tough on framerates, much harder than Iron Knuckles DC-9. I have 8 mb ATI ragepro videocard and it's flyable (barely so).

I've got a amd 1.4 512ddr with a gf3-64frame rates are decent (18-20) but I wish it was a bit betterthe plane is awesome, well worth the purchase.Happy flyin ;)FloydCYVR

Yup, it's an excellent package I highly recommend it. I love the old-style autopilot - really adds to the sim. I'm running a PIV 1.8 GHz, 512 mb RAM, ATI RADEON 64mb 7000. I'm getting pretty good frame rates. The Virtual Cockpit and 2D panels are probably the most frame rate friendly. At a typical airport I'll get anywhere from 19-29 FPS although the difference between those two numbers in unnoticable. The external models are the frame rate killers although, I get about 22 FPS in clear skies. Clouds are a real killer sometimes dropping my FPS to about 6-9. I highly recommend this product - very fun and well done ;-).Hope this helps,Canadian HawkC-GTGKhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e10ed6129bbc98b.jpg