Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

FSPlanet , Ultimate Compliment Or ...

He has every right to be annoyed. Whatever you or others think of him, it is not ethical to share his correspondence, given in good faith, in this forum without so much as a 'by your leave'.I'm getting pretty fed up with this continual 'Ferdy-bashing'. Haven't we got bigger things to worry about?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo2.jpg

Guest SoarPics

I would add, Bill, that there is another loser in all this... the respectable sites that the poachers steal from. It is their bandwidth that is being used by guys like Ferdy. And he has proven time and again that he simply doesn't care about the cost to them.Regards,

Guest Fly1

Well, all I can say is he didn't care much about respecting my privacy or wishes, therefore I'm not too concerned about his.RegardsBob C.

Guest eko

And just how did he violate your privacy?

Guest Fly1

I appreciate your post Eko!To best answer your question I thought it prudent to refer to a formal source for definition, my dictionary.PrivacyThe state of being free from unsanctioned intrusion.IntrusionAn inappropriate or unwelcome addition. Illegal entry upon or appropriation of the property of another.AppropriationTake possession of, esp. without authority.PropertySomething tangible or intangible to which its owner has legal title: properties such as copyrights and trademarks.I feel the above pretty well explains how he violated my privacy.Respectfully!!!Bob C.

Guest eko

American Heritage Dictionary? :-)Here is the way I understand privacy in how it relates to online/internet communications, which I think is the most appropriate way to interpret discussions regarding matters dealing in such medium."Where only the intended recipients can read a message."Source: The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing,

Guest Fly1

"This is purely a semantic boxing match, BTW, no ill-feelings intended."I agree, and rest assured, no ill feeling's on this side!! I would just rather move on from this topic and let it rest.Sorry I started this one in the first place! I learned my lesson!!Think I'll head on back to the hanger and see if I can't get a little more work done on the service pack.Take care y

Dark Moment..."He has every right to be annoyed. Whatever you or others think of him, it is not ethical to share his correspondence, given in good faith, in this forum without so much as a 'by your leave'."I'm sorry but e-mail becomes the property of the recipient upon receipt. The recipient can do whatever he/she wishes to do with it without violating any "ethical" contraints whatsoever.

Bob,Perhaps it's because Ferdy has claimed that all files posted on his site, are now HIS property, and he may do with them as he pleases. How should THAT make you feel?

BobK