Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Just a thought.....

Guest Milio_B

I've been noticing this for a very long time, but it wasn't until today that I came up with words to express it...I've seen many times that critiques to payware products have been answered by users with the usual "Don't like, don't buy" things or the "please do not complain like that, or they will leave the market" or "stop whining like a little kid" and I could go on and on. Not poiting any fingers though.We are constantly told that we should think about the hours and hours of hard work, the time away from the family, the research, the stress ,etc, etc.However, whenever a negative psot about MSFS is done, I hear NO ONE defend the FS developpement team like they do with other companies. I am sure they work as hard as the next guy for the Flight Simulator, I am sure the research is huge, and not all people working for MS are Bill Gates and should be treated as if they didn't have to work for a living. If you will, people that work for MS are as "human" as people that work for the XX Paywre add-on company. I am not saying we shouldn't complain. On the contrary, I think critiques are alwas good (as long as it's constructive and not the insulting kind) but I'm just asking why the difference? What makes the FS developpement team different from all those other payware companies? Why can't we accept their faults, and why no one ever says "don't like don't buy" or "they are really talented, we should be thankfull for them" (I am not saying it should be said either!)Well, I hope I made myself clear. I do not with to start a flame war and I make very clear that this is NOT a post against payware developpers. This is just a thought about this hobby/game.

You must have missed an awful lot of posts-there are many here who on a regular basis defend the program and programers against mis information (incorrect bug assumptions) and general insulting language.I have posted these two links several times-they make very good reading:http://www.microsoft.com/games/fs2000/arti...mory_of_lee.asphttp://www.microsoft.com/games/fs2000/arti...ry_of_barry.asphttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest Milio_B

Yes, I am aware I am not the only one that feels this way, but I haven't read every singl post in this forum, and reserching this topic is not easy either. I just though I'd post it so I can see the way people reacted.

Guest ozhero

Hi Geof A,Thanks for posting these links, I have never read them before.

Thanks for posting those links Geof.Sometimes we take too much for granted.Happy New Year to all.Jim

Yes, I too defend MS when required, and can't stand those $'s to replace the S!!!L.Adamson