Sign in to follow this  

GEForce 4 SVideo Question..

Guest byoung

I have a GF4 ti 4200 and I want to run the SVideo connector (out) to the SVideo IN on a Video Capture Card.I have tried nView but can't get it to work..The video capture card can support modes like NTSC PAL etc.Any idea how this can be done?Thanks!Barry

Are you trying to make videos of your flight stuff??Ed

Guest byoung

Yes, and also record other PC sessions...Thanks!Barry

Sorry! I dropped the ball on ya.Do you have the vivo "Y" s-video connecter? My Ti-4600 came with one. This what i use for my config. to make videos. If you dont have one , you will need to get one for that is where im at on my setup. I dont do it any other way.............Ed

Man, I feel real bad now..................I just re-read your post and you have a ti-4200 that you want to run into a seperate video capture card?I have a Ti-4600 that has built in video capture. You just need to have the latest capture drivers installed. im not sure about the 4200?But, you can try this cause it's kinda maybe where you want to get.I have an older VCR that takes RCA jacks. Plug your S-video cable into your video card and then from Radio Shack, get a "S-Video to RCA" adapter. the adapter needs to be female on the RCA side. Plug RCA cord from the adapter to "VCR Video in". Now , i have a small 15' TV on the VCR so i can view whats going on. So there for i have a connection from the VCR "Video Out" to the T.V. Now what i do from here is, i go to My Video card properties and then go to "N VIEW" and select "OUTPUT TO T.V." Make sure your tv is on and your vcr is set correctly as in "Line in or Line in 1 0r 2 ect.... cause if its not you will have no picture. What you will have is your tv as your desktop and you will be flying or what ever your doind from your T.V. and not your monitor. Then you can record all you want! When your done switch the "N-VIEW" back to monitor and you have your desktop back there. Now all you will need to do video line out from vcr to line in on your capture card, run your capture software and hit play on the vcr and if "YOU" did it right you should be go to go. There is also a kin of tuturial at the "Other" site Flightsim.com that i saw yesterday that might also help you.http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/video.htm*NOTE* Use these directions at "YOUR OWN RISK"This is how "I" do it, it may or may not suit your application.Ed :-beerchug "just trying to help"