Sign in to follow this  

Problems reading zipdive

Hi GuysI have only recently changed my PC and I suspect that some of the minor problems that I am currently having are due to not having some settings set correctly.A particular nuisance is that I can no longer read a text file from the zipdive screen. I can d/l the complete zip file and read all the files back home (as it were) but this is not the way to go.When I click on a .txt file,it is being seen as zipshow.zip, file type Microsoft Picture It! Document and I am not able to read it.Any ideas please

Possibly you have changed a setting in your browser that tells it not to handle text files. If you can't find the settings for this in your browser, reply back with what browser you are using.

Hi ScottI am using IE version 6.0.2800. I have looked through it and I cannot find any specific reference to txt file type and I have all settings at default.Does this help

Frank,Sounds like you need to tell your PC what type of file the zipdive file is and how to read it. I honestly don't remember at the moment how to do that but perhaps this will steer you in the right direction.Regards, Rick RossnerSr. Library ManagerAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.comrick@avsim.com