Sign in to follow this  

Ralph Tofflemire's website crashes system?

Hey all,Sorry to be asking this here, but you'll understand why I can't ask at the proper place....Every time I try to go to Ralph Tofflemire's website (www.panelshop.com), I get a MSJAVA error which crashes my browser (MSIE 6.0.26), and consequently my system.Anyone have the same problem? A fix? An external link to Ralph's forums, or his e-mail address so that I can get through?Cheers:-outta

I take it you have WindowsXP. Do you have Java installed on your system. That is probably what your missing. WinXP doesn't come with Java. Go here and reinstall Java and see if that fixes the problem. http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html <---Java for WinXP

Try clearing your web cache out and try it then. Sometimes that gets corrupted and causes problems. On IE - Tools, Internet Options, Delete Files.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Thanks, but I just tried cleaning the cache and reinstalling Java at the link above, but no luck :-(:-outta

Yes, I do...but thanks so much for the suggestion! :-beerchug:-outta

I tested my I.E. 6.0 SP1 (6.0.2800.1106), Win98SE at the website and it worked fine. This computer is an AMD-K6 233MHz system with a lot of old components. You might try upgrading or reinstalling I.E. 6.0 completely.

I just upgraded to MSIE 6.0, SP1, just like you have. It still doesn't work... :-(Anyways, I had my roommate download the manuals and IM them to me (gotta love college networks--took 90 seconds to download and 10 seconds to IM :-) ), so for the time being I can live without panelshop.com--though if anyone else knows what's up, please don't hesitate.Thanks to everyone who's offered help so far--and I should mention that members of the 742 RfP team have gone out of their way as well. A gold star to you all! :-lol:-beerchug