Sign in to follow this  
Guest LonelyplanetXO

Wish for the Soaring Com. FS2002Pro and silly question

Hello fellow Simmers.Here is a wish for the Soaring guy. Because, now and then or often, I like to take a rest from the growling of my Radial engines, or the whistling and banging of my Tiger Moth. and get some relaxing time thermaling, listening to just the wind and my heart beat......I am dreaming,(cause I do not know how to do this), that someone nice would put some flying around gliders over those nice gliding fields we have. Wow, glider traffic, that would be great!!!Would it not be fun to go join up with those AI gliders and thermal side by side like in the real world?Oh yes, a note to the gliding site designers: Please do not put too much lift on the approaches or over the runway, it wears out the tire and structure and landing at high speed diving to the ground is scary. I love to make nice approach, playing with brakes, flaps, retract....Please do not laugh, (puter illeterate here) could someone please tell me what a "Splash Screen" is. Just have not figured that one out yet.Thanks a lot and a Happy Flying Year to allFlatspin_Fumble

A "splash screen" is just a screen that a program displays while it's loading itself into memory and preparing to run. In FS2002 Pro, the splash screen is that picture of the 747 flying over an airport terminal. Once the program is ready to run, the splash screen goes away and is replaced by a screen showing options or whatever is next. Splash screens generally are also static graphics, with the possible exception of some sort of progress meter showing you that the program is still loading. You see a lot of references to splash screens in the file library because Dreamfleet made a freeware program last year that lets you add new splash screens to FS2002 and randomizes them on startup. It's just a way to show something different while you're loading up the sim.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest LonelyplanetXO

Hi,You can go soaring in FS. There's two great freeware 2k2 dedicated gliders, a Grob 103 & an ASW28 on the soar site http://virtualsoaring.org/goto.html. In addition to the default soaring areas in Sanfrancisco and Innsbruck, theres also a user friendly freeware app called Thermiek which allows you to add thermals wherever you like. http://www.fszwever.com/ As for unpowered ai traffic, you can add that with traffic tools. Logo's payware addon Emma Field has glider ai traffic & thermals along with a working winch and towplane. Its a great investment for soaring fans.happy landingsLonelyplanetXO