Sign in to follow this  

Can't connect to multiplayer in FS2k2, need help please

Hi all,I would like to get my first experience in multiplayer, so I went to the zone to join a game and this is where the trouble started.If I click on join a game, FS2k2 starts, but never is able to connect.I found someone who tried to help and he hosted a game, so I could connect without going to the zone.I typed his IP in the multiplayer connection field in FS2k2 and clicked search, but nothing was ever found and the "join" button was not available.Here is my setup:P4 2.8 512ram TI4200WinXP pro with SP1 installedDX9 installedBTW CFS3 works fine in multiplayer.After all I checked, I came to the conclusion that it is a router setup problem.I have the default XP firewall disabledI turned off Zonealarm (this is what I use as a firewall)And I opened some ports people told me to open on my netgear routerHere is a picture of the router setup: buhlinger.com/fs2k2/netgear.jpgNo matter what ports I open, it doesn't change a thing (I tried to open 80, and 443 on the 192.168.0.40).I have a linux server at home with a small website and I use it to do backups of other sites that I own and this is the 192.168.0.10 server and it works fine.The computer I have FS2k2 installed is the 192.168.0.40Can ne1 help me with this problem?

Don't fly on "the zone", Go straight to www.vatsim.net then click "getting started". Vatsim is the best place for online flying! See you...

Well, that wouldn't be any good if I can't connect to a simple IP hosted game.A little update.I installed FS2002 on one of my other computers and have the exact same problem.I did a quick test and connected to a local network game and it worked flawless.I was able to host and join the game from any of the two computers and saw the other player (myself) just fine.And for the ones who worry to much:No, I won't be playing FS2002 on two computers at the same time and after the test I uninstalled it again, cause it's not a gaming computer and I now know the multiplayer works just fine on my gaming machine.