Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

BAe 146-200 / AVRO RJ 85

I just downloaded this aircraft and very good it is too!Would I be correct in assuming that it isn't equipped with reverse thrusters?

RTW2003Yes you are correct, the real a/c did not have reverse thrust.I now have a problem........since intalling this great a/c and the equally great panel (mlarjpv3.zip) my sound has gone crazy. :( All I get is a scratchy horrible squeeky noise. This even happens when using the default Cessna. Any ideas how I get it back to normal?Mike

I noticed one other interesting thing with this new '146...The speedbrake deploys as it should in flight, with the tail brake activated. This surprised me at first, but I guess that's the way the '146 does it, as I've since seen quite a few in flight pics showing the tail brake deployed. Looks like that big thing could stop the '146 dead in the air!For years this aircraft seemed to drop out of use, but now I am noticing more and more airlines using it. I wonder how it compares to a CRJ or ERJ in terms of fuel burn per pax...?-John

HenriRe-installed the whole thing... a/c and panel and everything now okay. Many thanks.Mike

Will we see people doing repaints of these 2 models? The models looks real good, but I'm not that interesting with the liveries that come with the plane (except for the Jazz livery)

>Will we see people doing repaints of these 2 models? The >models looks real good, but I'm not that interesting with >the liveries that come with the plane (except for the Jazz >livery) Jon says on his website that repaints will be allowable, however at the moment he wants to control what gets done as he has some more liveries that he wants to release before giving others open access.Adrian

Can anyone suggest a suitable sound file for this a/c?I have searched for '146' & 'rj' in the 'FS2k2 sound' library but found no match.TIA

Hey TiaActually the most realistic sounds are the default LEAR 45. I know someone might dissagree but I have flown in the flightdeck for the last 7 yrs with Air Canada Jazz and they are the best out there!!! Trust me!!Hope this helpsRegards Wayne

I use:"Bae-146 Regional Jet Soundpackage By Aaron R. Swindle.Skysong Soundworks. Compiled to showcase the "Whisperjet"Honeywell LF507 engines. Includes startup and shutdown sequence.Sound CFG is written in complete 4 engine format for realism."They sound okay, but then I don't know what they sound like in real life! Aaron Swindle always seems to do good work. Maybe the Air Jazz pilot could comment on these?I don't know where I got them, AVSIM, FlightSim or FSFreeware?John Murchison's aircraft are real beauts.NigelVancouver