Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

problems connecting

ok, am i correct in assuming I can use a ftp app to download from Avsim? Here's my problemI can connect as anonymous, but i get a permission denied when I try to download a file.When I try to connect with my forum username/password, it tells me incorrect password.What am I doing wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong. You cannot use an FTP client to download from AVSIM. You must come from the web page in order to get a download to work. We had too many other sites leaching our bandwidth, and had to shut down the ftp access rights.

Thanks for the info, TomSo, is there a way I can go through the files and add them all to a download queue? I've just reformatted etc, and I want to basically download every aircraft Fly2 has to offer, a daunting task. I'd like to just set it up to download one after the next over night to save both of us the bandwidth usage. Better yet, if there is such a solution, can you tell me when is the best time to do such a thing? I'd like to do it when your bandwidth is not peaked.

Bri, get yourself a copy of Download Accellerator Plus (DAP) from www.speedbit.com, and that will do what you want. Install it and allow it to integrate with your browser. Now, when in the library and you click download, the file will be automatically taken into the DAP system. Click on Download Later and continue to select your files. Setup the download system within DAP to download after 12:00 a.m. EST and you will be all set.