Sign in to follow this  

niggling problem

Just recently - after mucking up my profiles in WinXP Home - I've been getting the following EVERY time I start FS2k2:-Completing Setup: Generating Scenery File IndicesNeedless to say I haven't added any scenery for a good while before this message started to appear. FS starts alright despite the message and everything seems to be working ok. It's just dead annoying not knowing why it does it!!! Anyone out there know: 1. Why it's started to do it and 2. A way to stop it!Thanks,Duke..

I had this problem once to, but it was related to something I had placed in my ADDON SCENERY folder. I just removed the contents of this folder and it stopped the generating of file indices. I don't know if I had maybe installed the scenery incorrectly, but you might want to try this (even though you say you didn't install any scenery recently?) On a side note, whenever FS generates file indices it creates a new file in your root FS2002 folder that is named as a 4 digit number. I don't know what they are for, but you can delete those and it will free up a ton of space.-Derek

Check for multiple copies of traffic.bgl, could be mytraffic.bgl, yourtraffic.bgl, histraffic.bgl, hertraffic.bgl. I think you get the idea!

Cheers Derek,That was the problem! I deleted a wee bit of 'test' scenery I had forgotten I'd done. I also deselected a mesh I had added. Problem has gone away. I'll sort out which one was causing the problem at a later date, but for now I'm just happy I don't have to wait before using FS. Thanks for the help.Duke