Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

Spacecraft Films

Guest Chris Wallace

First off, thanks Tom for creating the forum here, I hope it will give some more visibility to the excellent work Dr. Schweiger had put into Orbiter. If the calibre of the discussions and participants here are of the same high quality as in other AVSIM forums, then that can only mean good things.This may be slightly OT, but I thought I'd mention to folks who may not be aware of them that there is a series of DVD sets being produced by Spacecraft Films, distributed by 20th Century Fox Home Video that will be of great interest to space enthusiasts. The URL is www.spacecraftfilms.comI just picked up the Apollo 11 set the other day, and while I haven't had a lot of time to watch much of it yet (there is over 10 hours of footage), I will say that the production quality is excellent, with extensive use of multiple angles and audio tracks. A lot of the footage itself is fairly "raw", but I think that adds to overall appeal. Also available are sets on the Gemini missions, Apollo 8, and the development of the Saturn vehicles, with more to come in the future. Highly recommended for your Christmas lists this year!!Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Digital_Flight

Yup, I agree. They are doing great work over there. For the real hardcore space buffs I'd recommend the full downlink editions. I have the sets for Apollo 14, 15 and 16 and they are truly remarkable. There's a lot of footage most people have never seen and just having digital transfers of the moonwalks from the original JSC tapes is really amazing, the quality is nothing like you've ever seen. Way to go SCF.......TonyDigital-FlightIf you get just one make it Apollo 16, it's worth it for Charlie Duke's antics alone.....