Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iceversaka

DirectX 9 Problems

Guest Iceversaka

Ok having some problems with DirectX 9.0bI've checked all the basic common problems, and this is not a common problem. It must be a configuration issue with my video card or drivers, so I guess I'm seeking the proper configuration method.I haven't seen any relevent configuration settings in the Display settings or the driver settings. So where would I go to take a look at this?Basically the problem is I am missing part of my HUD, infact the HUD will not display at all, neither does my thruster guage, or the fuel gauge. And the information in the cockpit, such as MJD and FOV/frame-rate does not show. It shows up in external cockpit view.And I can see the seems for the thruster sprites while engines are on and in external cockpit mode.I know there are ways of turning this stuff off and on....I've tried that...and that's not the problem, the only way this stuff shows up is in RGB mode, and I've tried different combinations of other modes...so that's not the problem either!The problem is as I have described it, It's not something a common newbie would solve. At first I thought it was just that DX9 didn't work because every machine I tried Orbiter on that had a Nvida card and DX9 it would have similar problems...but now that I've heard about others who do not have the problem, I know it's something else.Screenshot attachedYour Friend in ScienceSeth HollingseadIceversaka@hotmail.com

Guest BigJimW

I don't think anything you'll try will fix the problem. If it started with DirectX 9, then I'm pretty sure MicroShaft will produce yet another patch to fix some obscure bug thats causing your problems, along with 10,000 security issues it created.My suggestion is stick with DirectX 8. It works, and my opinion is if it works, don't upgrade. My two cents.

Guest daver

Hi There>My suggestion is stick with DirectX 8. It works, and my>opinion is if it works, don't upgrade. Im gonna have to disagree with you there BigJimW ( egad on a Sunday as well ;) ) as my story is the complete opposite.I just upgraded my video card to a GeForce 4MX 128 Mb , and its performance was lousy under DirectX8.1, under DirectX9 its rock solid and fast as you like ( 33 fps minimum windowed mode 1024x768x32 running a full compliment of Res8 textures on a 1280x1024x32 windows desktop ). Also most DirectX video problems are down to buggy device drivers from the video card manufactures rather than microsoft in my experience.But having said that if DirectX8 works fine there is no real need to upgrade to Directx9 as its not actually any faster ( that Ive noticed any how )Anyhow, on another note it looks like the main forum now only works every now and them looks like everyone moved over here :)or did Martin just pull the plug on the site? I wouldnt blame him with all the trolling that was going on.CheersDave