Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iceversaka

Level 9 Polar Textures Glitch

Guest Iceversaka

BigJim found this big, and basically if you get too close to the poles of Mars with the Level9 textures installed, Orbiter will crash.Recommendation: Stay away from the poles and Orbiter will not crash.Alternative: Load the Mars_tile.bin into the Tile manager that is included with the new build of Orbiter. Move your mouse over the polar tiles and delete the top and bottom rows and resave the tile-set, over write, or make a new one if you wish to save the old one.I'm sure Dr. Martins will make a patch to fix this, but this will solve the problem for now.If there is enough support on the Orbiter forum, I'll put a poll up to re-release this addon with the appropriate fix. We'll see how it goes from there.~SethIceversaka@hotmail.com

Guest BigJimW

>BigJim found this big, and basically if you get too close to>the poles of Mars with the Level9 textures installed, Orbiter>will crash.I found it big? :-lol

Guest Iceversaka

OOPS, I guess that's what happens when you get too busy. *Or it Get's to late, and I have seen way too many movies lately*~Seth

Guest Iceversaka

OOPS, I guess that's what happens when you get too busy. *Or it Get's to late, and I have seen way too many movies lately*~Seth

Maybe subconciously Seth was thinking "big bug" but only big came out his fingers. :-lol Not to worry, we know what you meant. ;-)Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#6f0000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Guest Iceversaka

hahahayup, something like that.Yea, I know it's cool.Anyways I did prep a patch for the bug. I've got it on a CD along with MarsTDK, Phobos High Res, PhobosTDK, Deimos High Res, DeimosTDK. And Mars Level9 Patch. This Patch is actually a replacement without the polar caps. As described by the prescribed fix. I'll leave it on AVSIM until there is a patch released to fix the bug in Orbiter. In the mean time I will also leave the main Mars Level9 release. Because when this patch is released the main Mars Level9 release will again be useful on AVSIM, unless the patch changes how the Level9 textures are formatted. In that event I will be sure to update it at the appropriate time.Your Friend in ScienceSeth HollingseadIceversaka@hotmail.com