Sign in to follow this  

Spyware found in Avsim Library file

Goodday, I downloaded gvpdeco.zip, File ID:14087, and when I scanned it I found out that it containted a spyware *.txt which was the License, which detects DIAL UP passwords. Clean this file or Delete it from the library.File Information as Follows:Filename: gvpdeco.zip License: Check within download Added: 24th March 2002 Downloads: 1290 Author: DragonSoft Size: 56kb Moses

How about the word "Please" in there somewhere????With over 1200 downloads and no complaints to date, I wonder if your "scanner" is out of whack. A *.txt file is not an executable, so I doubt that it alone constitutes "spyware". I looked at the file's two readme's and they are both innocuous.

I am Terribly Sorry about my manners.I use "Pest Patrol" software to detect for spyware.I just wanted to alert you about this possible spyware file. Sorry to be a bother.Moses