Sign in to follow this  
Guest BigJimW

New Project Mercury panel project

Guest BigJimW

Hi guys. Just wanted to sneak by and show ya an update that we're working on for the Project Mercury Orbiter addon by Rob Conley. Besides an updated look for the Redstone and Atlas boosters, and a really good Mercury Capsule model made by Brian (liljohn), it's going to sport a new dashboard. :)[/img]http://www.moonport.org/panel10.jpg[/img] You guys will love this new version. I guarentee it. :)

Looking good so far.... but where's the window? ;-)Regards,

Guest BigJimW

Heh. Actually, hitting F8 to clear the panel is pretty much like looking out the window, as the astronaut pilot had to look up to see anything.

Good point! :-)But wasn't it also so that the the dirst Mercury'capsules' didn't hae a window?Cheers,

Guest BigJimW

Ohh, we'll give you a window all right. :) Along with some other neat features we're putting together. I'm not at liberty to say what we're up to, but lets say, it'll be awesome when we're done.

Guest BigJimW

Well, due to the underwhelming response, I figure I'll up the ante a bit and make you all drool a bit. ;)The panel is totally changed from what you see in the first picture.And the new WINDOW view is cool!window3.jpgYes, THATS where we put the window. :)http://orbiterforum.moonport.org

Looking really good! Would love to test this!And can I open the hatch from inside?...lol ;-)Cheers,

Guest Digital_Flight

The capsule used for Al Shepard's flight didn't have it but all flights from MR-4 (2nd sub-orbital) onward had a large Vycor window just in front of and above the pilots head.TonyDigital-Flight

Guest BigJimW

I actually improved everything and now have a photo-realistic cockpit (using the interior of a real Mercury spacecraft)The new window:newwindow.jpgA new fuse panel (that will be fully functional)fusepan3.jpgA working periscope:periscope1.jpgAnd heres a view of the full panel, minus fuse panel and before the photoreistic background was added:merc-full.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

Looking forward to this one :)