Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Thinking about getting Space Shuttle simulator mission 2007

Guest avrovulcan

Hi thereHad Space Shuttle Missions for just over 2 weeks, what can I say. This is what iv'e been waiting for ever since the Space Shuttle simulator that was available for the Commadore Amiga/PC some 12 years ago. Yes i agree the learning curve is a bit steep, but what do you expect?? It wouldn't be fun if it was linear, and easy. Looking forward to the extra addon missions ect. Its also nice to see a developer supporting its product with regular updates and missions.Maybe, im expecting to much, I know its called Space Shuttle Missions, but i wonder if they could expand the program to include the older rockets (Mercuary/Gemini, or even Saturn V/Apollo ect), perhaps they could also make up some ficticious missions like Mars.Best regards to everyoneAndy

Have you tried the freeware "Orbiter 2006"? If "learning curve" is the type of sim you like, you'd love it. Models accurate orbital mechanics, systems for the community developed addons, etc. There are mods for the Mercury, Gemini, and two different mods for the Apollo programs (one easy...one as real as you can get on a home computer). Space Shuttle program addons also. Numerous other "real" programs are modeled (Titan Launch Vehicles, Soviet Space Programs, European Space Agency, etc). Also numerous fictional addons. The graphics are excellent, and there has just been a recently released addon that incorporates elevation changes to the planets, moons, etc, so there is terrain in it now.Check it out...but be prepared for a steep learning curve. It's an amazing freeware space simulator with a huge community development user base.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest avrovulcan

Hi, Is that the same orbiter thats available on AVSIM, or is this adiffrent title??Andy

Guest Ryan1966

Hi there,I am reading your post re: the latest Orbiter rrelease... the most recent I can find anywhere is the September 29th 2006 release, and it certainly doesn't have elevation changes incorporated... am I missing something? Where can I find this latest release?Thanks,Ryan

Guest Ryan1966

Never mind - found it! I misread it, it is an actual add-on... Very nice!