Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

New to Space Shuttle 2007 Demo

I just tried out SS07 after discovering the demo on the PC PILOT disk. At first, I was quite impressed,but the time counted incorrectly and was slower than real time. I thought I'd register on their forum for help, but a bold, red message says only registered users of the program can use the forum. My next resort was to contact them directly which I did, and was told my P4, 1gig ram, ATI 9800XT card, was below the minimum required specs, but that I should try their latest Demo download which was improved over the PCP version. It ran beautifully and the timekeeping is now correct. However, when I tried to save a mission after getting well into the first mission (the demo only has the first Columbia mission), it locked up and froze solid, forcing me to Ctl/Alt/Del and getting the infamous "this program is not responding" message. I emailed again, and was told that my system did not freeze up, and to "read the manual CAREFULLY" regarding the saving of a mission. I again reread the manual's description of saving a mission, and retried with the same results - when I click on a available slot then reset, the cursor locks up cold. Again I emailed telling them that I did follow the steps for saving and that my system did indeed freeze up, but I did not hear back. Has anyone who is familiar with this program an idea how I can avoid this? I love the program so far, but can't complete a mission in one sitting and would like to save to return later.

Guest twabi2

It's normal for the mouse to lock up when you click a slot.Just start writing the name for your savegame, then press enter (as it is indicated in the manual!)-Toine

Toine,Thanks for the help. Kind of strange that the cursor locks up normally, but you're right, it did allow me to save. (It might be helpful if they acknowledge the appearance of a cursor lockup and that it is indeed normal.)Now a new problem. When I attempt to reload I get an "oh my..." message that I have destroyed the shuttle and the crew as well as a 4G message. thanks again. Tom

Guest twabi2

That is a bug I think...Perhaps try uninstalling everything, make sure savegames are gone, then reinstall.Most of the times, such a message occurs when a corrupt or an old (from an older version) savegame is loaded.Still, it's best to notify Groundcrew.-Toine

Hi Toine,I did notify the shuttle team and they said it is a strange problem but reassured me it does not happen in the full program, probably only in the demo. I did uninstall and reinstall as you suggested, but had the same results. I had no previous saves from an earlier version. As this is only the demo, I plan on getting the full program when I get a new system in a few months. My problem is I can't complet one mission in one sitting. Can you think of any other way to save a situation? I will try another post to see if anyone else has had this occur. Thanks again, tom