Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Site/Library Slow?

Guest Vulcho

I have been experiencing a slowdown at AVSim.com in the last couple of days. I tried d/l files but the max speed was @ 15KB/s which was pretty slow considering normal. Overall in general the site loads extremely slow.Other sites are fine.Just wanted to let you guys know.Alex.

Alex,Over the last few weeks the library has been very busy. It continues to break all records on a weekly basis. I'm thinking a lot of the xtra business is because of the holiday season and school is out at the moment.About all I can suggest is to continue to try and hopefully things should slow down to a dull roar pretty soon.Regards, Rick RossnerSr. Library ManagerAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.comrick@avsim.com

Guest Vulcho

Ahh,The holidays! Aren't they great? Well, maybe they have their bad points. :) Didn't think it would slow you down. But you make a good point. Hope you guys had a good holiday season!Thanks for that info.Alex.

Hey Guys,Holidays Over, Schools in session, im notcing around 180kb/sec less than usual for AVSIM, which bring mes around 20kb...which is still faster than other sites but still abnormal...ive attached the shot to show my speed...on average I get 200+kb/sec , never seen lowerBut im fine with it :-lol ....

Me too!Usually my downloads are around 26kb now I'm getting 5kb!Might as well go back to using a modem. =PVery sloooow lately.

Eric Thornton

Guest Matt Johnson

Nothing to do with us. Given my test I just performed (from work, on Linux):10:22:01 (370.46 KB/s) - `si200.zip' saved [2875510/2875510]Certainly seems up to speed to me.--M