Sign in to follow this  
Guest cit1991

GameSpy Disconnects

Guest cit1991

My multiplayer works fine when flying with friends. I usually host.However, when I exit the plane to change something (like a new plane), it disconnects me from GameSpy and my server is lost.Isn't it supposed to keep the server active, so changes can be made without everybody getting dropped?Or, does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?Thanks.

Guest Shalomar

Unfortunately you are not doing anything wrong. It happens to me too, I am told that I may have logged onto another computer. You are right, it shouldn't but it happens everytime.The only advice I can give is to tell everyone in the session before you try to exit that the session may end temporarily; if they like flying with you they will come back.Also, you might want to try out the FSHost client that allows FS8, FS9 and FSX players to fly together. One disadvantage is you must fly in windowed mode.My username is Shalomar; hope to see you on soon!!!Best Regards, Donald :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

<>During development, the only reason we would get kicked off the servers is if we logged on from another computer using the same ID (I think I've got somewhere around 4 or 6 IDs to support the various computers I was using for testing, each machine had its own ID and then I had a couple of extra ones to test age restriction stuff :-> ), so the error message just says you MAY have logged on from another computer - turns out there must be lots of other reasons to lose your connection.

Guest N6722c

YOU are doing NOTHING "wrong" ... the software is.Hopefully, that aspect of the Gamespy Interface will be fixed in SP1, or else there are going to remain a lot of unhappy Hosts.Geoff_Dfs-mp.com