Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Helicopter instructor wanted!

Guest Shalomar

I am very interested in learning to fly choppers, would love to share a cockpit with an experienced pilot with a mike. I am in the Eastern time zone, GMT -5. I can fly from 20:00 till 0400 GMT; that is 3 pm till 11:00 PM Eastern time. You can respond here or PM me with the start time you will be on.Please let me know when you will be able to get together. My username on Gamespy is Shalomar and I will fly in the Helicopter ops or Flight Training lobby- NOT free flight. Email is dtraill at Hotmail dot com. (You can figure it out, not the bots)Thanx in advance :-beerchugFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

You may want to check out www.hovercontrol.comThey offer on line flight training on helicopters.Jim

Guest Shalomar

Thank you for your reply. I signed up for the Hovercontrol forums and I am awaiting registration. However it does not seem to be what I am looking for. They seem to be exclusively FS9, while I would like to take advantage of cockpit sharing- an instructor who can demonstrate maneuvers as needed. Plus the intercom, with a button to talk to people other than my instructor. That is a hassle to set up on Teamspeak.I will ask on the forums to see if I can get what I want; an instructor in FSX; on Gamespy. Unless one pops up here...Thank you again for your prompt reply.Best Regards, Donald :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest sunstriker

Some great guys on Hovercontrol they will do Gamespy sessions with you in FSX. Anyway I run FSX with them and it works fine. The only thing is FSinn wont show their planes as helis at the moment so you see them as cessna etc; thats the only downside so far, and its being worked on..Rich

If you really want to learn rotorcraft then you should get the dodosim addon for fs9. I know you aren't too hip on fs9 but they haven't updated the dodo for fsx (much to my annoyance) yet but the dodo is the ultimate in realistic startup and control. I have the advanced model and it really is amazing. It's pricey but for the realism you get its well worth it. The chopper model in fsx is pretty much a joke so anything you learn in fsx with the default choppers is pretty much useless. If you want to get a feel for the real thing then get the dodo and start flying it now and wait for the inevitable fsx upgrade that they say they are working on. I pretty much only fly helos now with the occasional flight in the da20 or sr20 in fsx just to appreciate the scenery. I have never even tried the MP aspect of fsx yet because i heard that it usually never works and dont have anyone to try it with.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest N6722c

>I am very interested in learning to fly choppers, would love>to share a cockpit with an experienced pilot with a mike. >>I am in the Eastern time zone, GMT -5. I can fly from 20:00>till 0400 GMT; that is 3 pm till 11:00 PM Eastern time. You>can respond here or PM me with the start time you will be on.>>Please let me know when you will be able to get together. My>username on Gamespy is Shalomar and I will fly in the>Helicopter ops or Flight Training lobby- NOT free flight. >>Email is dtraill at Hotmail dot com. (You can figure it out,>not the bots)>>Thanx in advance :-beerchug>>>FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be>wrong.If you are looking to fly with other FSX MP Chopper Pilots, in shared Cockpit, then check out the FS-MP Online community at http://fs-mp.comGeoff(N6722c)

Guest Shalomar

Thanx- I'll check it out.Best Regards, Don :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.