Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

I always spawn on the active

Guest Shalomar

The title says it all- I specify parking spaces but I always spawn on the active. Any ideas?Thanx in advance, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Donny, I to have the same problem. It is somewhat impressing to cause other multiplayer flight problems. After spending many hours, have not found an answer.

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

HiHave the exact same problem. I think I got it right once to position on a parking position on apron. Don't ask me how I got it right. Also what I would like to see in the sim is that you first position and THEN start/host the MP session. At the moment when you host it is not realy a problem, you have enough time to re-position, but the problem is for the other players joining the session. Anyway, I hope ACES is aware of this.Kind regardsRobert-------------------------------------Asus A8N-VMAMD Athlon 64 3000+XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT PCI-E [256]2Gb DDR400 RAMCH products Yoke and USB Pedals

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Well, if you are hosting, then you set your location on the Second page of the Host a Game wizard (the page that looks similar to the Free Flight Create a Flight page), this is before the session is even started. For a user joining a session, you pass through the Player Settings dialog before entering the game lobby/briefing room dialog, and on the Player Settings dialog you can change your location (based on limitations of what the host has allowed on the Advanced Host Options dialog when they created the session).In both cases, you have the ability to change your aircraft and position before getting fully into the game. Once in the Game Briefing Room dialog, you can click on the "Change Role and Location" button (I think that's what its called), that will take you to the Player Settings dialog again.

Thanks Tim for the well explained procedure. Will give it a go later. I suppose it was a case of "NRTM" on my side .. :-newbie RegardsRobert-------------------------------------Asus A8N-VMAMD Athlon 64 3000+XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT PCI-E [256]2Gb DDR400 RAMCH products Yoke and USB Pedals

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Hi TimTested again and unfortunately it does not work as explained in your posting. Always start on the active runway although a specific parking position was chosen at the airport. Have tested at different airports with same results. Has anybody else being able to get this right ?RegardsRobert-------------------------------------Asus A8N-VMAMD Athlon 64 3000+XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT PCI-E [256]2Gb DDR400 RAMCH products Yoke and USB Pedals

Not to beat a dead horse, I to re-checked my procedures but continue to placed on runway when hosting & non-hosting at some airports i.e. ETAR.

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

I rarely have the problem. 1) Once logged into a session, go to flight planner2) Create a plan with starting airport and stating position at gate and ending airport (even if flying in pattern ie. KLAX (Gate A1) --> KLAX 3) In the bottom section, choose start at Airport, not start in airor start near host! Make sure you change the gate assignment to the same one you chose in you flight planner!

No sir, does not work for me. Anyway, the horse is dead and we will leave it at that. When I host and end up on the runway, I just do a quick reposition with .. World .. Airport and choose the starting position from there. RegardsRobert-------------------------------------Asus A8N-VMAMD Athlon 64 3000+XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT PCI-E [256]2Gb DDR400 RAMCH products Yoke and USB Pedals

Guest N6722c

>No sir, does not work for me. Anyway, the horse is dead and>we will leave it at that. When I host and end up on the>runway, I just do a quick reposition with .. World .. Airport>and choose the starting position from there.> >Regards>Robert>-------------------------------------Joining at a gate and not on a Runway works fine .. at least for the 1000+ flying members of FS-MP. ( http://fs-mp.com ).It had better --- our players are NOT PERMITTED to spawn on the runway.. and the don't (Can't).(1) make sure you host is setting the correct setting. (Try a few other hosts -- they ALL can't get it wrong )(2) make sure you are following the correct procedure.I assure you, it does work.. you will NOT spawn on the runway, if you specify a gate correctly.Geoff_D

With all due respect - you are missing the point here. I am not joining a session, I am hosting a session - and that's when I have the problem.>>2) make sure you are following the correct procedure.<

Guest Shalomar

I usually host. Do you mean if I join someone else's game I will position correctly at a gate or parking spot?Best Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hi Geoff_DI was just wondering and could be totaly wrong - but is not because you are not using the Gamespy servers and therefore the spawning in the correct position works for you ?RegardsRobert-------------------------------------Asus A8N-VMAMD Athlon 64 3000+XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT PCI-E [256]2Gb DDR400 RAMCH products Yoke and USB Pedals