Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwdodds

Cockpit Sharing in FSX

Guest pwdodds

Has anyone got Cockpit Sharing working, and if so how did you manage it? I have had one attempt connecting with a friend on our own private Gamespy session, but we couldn't get it to work. basically nothing happened when we followed the instructions from the point of having 2 aircraft side by side and visible to each other.Peter

If you're hosting, be sure to have share cockpit checked. Not sure if that's the exact wording but you'll recognize it when you see it.Memory is a bit rusty but it seems like the player joing the session should have share cockpit unchecked. When the player joins your session they will have an option to either join the session or join the aircraft. Choose join aircraft.Hope this helps.Doc G

Guest pwdodds

OK I'll try that. I think we both ticked "cockpit sharing" last time.Peter

Guest Shalomar

If you check "shared voice communication", you and your copilot will have a private "hot mike" which no one else can hear. You will not have to press "caps lock" to talk to your copilot.Best regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest cit1991

>Memory is a bit rusty but it seems like the player joing the>session should have share cockpit unchecked. Your memory is fine.The host has to have sharing enabled...and the guest has to have sharing unhecked.

Guest pwdodds

I've got it working now thanks. Where we were going wrong was ticking "share cockpit" on both users machines, and then not going just one screen further on to show the list of aircraft in a session, some of which have a "Join cockpit" button.Thanks for your help.Peter

Guest ghrasko

Does anyone have information about how aircraft developers should program their systems/gauges to be able to be compatible with the FSX shared cockpit solution? Is it something similar that of the FS-net programming technic?Am I sending this request to the right topic?Gabor

Guest N6722c

>Does anyone have information about how aircraft developers>should program their systems/gauges to be able to be>compatible with the FSX shared cockpit solution? Is it>something similar that of the FS-net programming technic?>>Am I sending this request to the right topic?>>GaborSee the FSX SDK. ( DVD #1)