Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robert Ogden

Engine Sounds in Cockpit

Guest Robert Ogden

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this, but hopefully you guys can at least point me in the right direction. I've been having a problem for a couple months now with sounds in the cockpit. I can still hear panel sounds, warnings, and even the air rushing against the fuselage, but I can no longer hear the engine sounds. This is in 2D mode when facing forward. These sounds are also missing in VC mode when facing forward but if I move the POV a little left or right I hear that respective engine. Does anyone know what is causing this? It is happening in all jet aircraft (except an occasionally flight where it works right!). My regular aircraft is the Wilco A3XX running with FSInn 1.2 to connect to VATSIM. Any help would be appreciated!

Guest N6722c

Check that your Windows sound system is still set up for the CORRECT number of speakers that you have on your sound card.In FSX, (probably after a shared cockpit session), some people claim that this setting can change.It has happened to me as well .....In any case (I don't know how or why FSX should cause this to change), but often the exact cause of what you describe, is a corruption / change of thet Number of speakers setting in your Windows System.

Guest Robert Ogden

Problem solved! In my case, it wasn't that FSX had corrupted the settings or anything. However, I've had problems with this sound card and this set of speakers such that some applications won't send sound to the rear speakers unless "Stereo Expander" is checked, while other applications only send the sound back there if it is NOT checked. FSX is one that does NOT want the expander on. Boy I'm glad to have that figured out! Thanks putting me on the right track!