Sign in to follow this  
Guest tbrickey

Voice setup in MS FSX - Help Please

Guest tbrickey

I'm just about to pull my hair out. I cannot seem to get voice or even chat to work in multiplayer mode. In FSX I log into multiplayer(Gamespy)and enter one of the numerous sessions (with green voice icon) but when I set up my flight I always get the red no voice icon. I've gone through and set up my mic (headset mic) and still no luck. When I launch the session and get in the game no ATC functions work...Am I missing something? I've searched the internet with no luck. I forwarded port 3783 on my router as suggested on a forum... still no luck. Its like the voice function isn't even installed.Please help before I'm bald.Tbrickey

Guest N6722c

>I'm just about to pull my hair out. I cannot seem to get>voice or even chat to work in multiplayer mode. In FSX I log>into multiplayer(Gamespy)and enter one of the numerous>sessions (with green voice icon) but when I set up my flight I>always get the red no voice icon. I've gone through and set>up my mic (headset mic) and still no luck. When I launch the>session and get in the game no ATC functions work...>>Am I missing something? I've searched the internet with no>luck. I forwarded port 3783 on my router as suggested on a>forum... still no luck. Its like the voice function isn't>even installed.>>Please help before I'm bald.>>TbrickeyIn the MULTIPLAYER opening screen ( the one where you enter your gamespy password), 1st click on NETWORK SETTINGS (at the bottom), and then make sure that "Enable Voice Communication" is checked.Make sure also that VOICE COMPRESSION is 3.600 and that port range is 6112 - 6122 ( Note: twelve to twenty two)GeoffFS-MP.com

Guest tbrickey

Thanks Geoff for the reply. Everything checks out. Port range is 6112 - 6122, 3.6 VC and voice communication is checked.I have port 6112 - 6122 forwarded in my router... I use my headset mic in other multiplayer games (i.e. Steam- Day of Defeat) and it works perfectly.Any suggestions??tbrickey

Guest Bizub4

I'm having the same problem. I tested mine and it still won't work.

Guest Geewiz
I'm having the same problem. I tested mine and it still won't work.
Here we are, three years later and now I'm having this problem after having sucessfully been using a USB headset on a WindowsXP/FSX Acelleration.Since upgrading to my new computer with Windows 7, my headset simply doesn't work in multiplayer. Hope someone will share how they get theirs to work!