Sign in to follow this  
Guest richythefoxdemon

multiplayer question from the nubbiest nub out there

Guest richythefoxdemon

i didn't know where else to post for help on multiplayer issues. i've checked on google, but it doesn't look like anyone else has this problem...about 7 months ago, i tried going on fsx multiplayer. it worked good. for about a night. next day i try to run it, and it dies. something with reinstalling. so i ended up wiping the whole computer to try and get fsx back. i got it back, but now i'm extremely paranoid of going back on multiplayer. multiplayer is VERY fun, because compared to just free flight, or missions, you're not flying alone... any help?if you guys need my specs, they'reHP Pavilion Slimline s7613w140GB Hard Drive2GB RAMNvidia GeForce 6150LEWindows XP Media Center Edition 2002/5 Service Pack 2game:Microsoft Flight Simulator X : Deluxe Edition Service Pack 2pleease help.... it's getting lonely just flying by myself o-o

Guest PPSFA

Nothing in multiplayer should affect your system, the most that will happen is either you cant connect or lose connection once you are in.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

Guest richythefoxdemon

but i always have good connections when i go in... gamespy usually kills at first, but it gets used to it later on.. ._. (i tried about 40 times to get in and it finally gets in and it d/cs me again >>) but... the disconnections lead to you having to reinstall the game?

Guest PPSFA

Its not just gamespy if you are connecting to someones session. It also releates to their connection since they are hosting. Somedays you can get in to Gamespy on the first try, other days it takes numerous tries, if you get in at all.Disconnections should never cause you to have to reinstall the game though. The nost you might have to do is open the fsx.cfg file and delete the multiplayer section at the bottom and it will rebuild the next time you go in.If you are getting a lot of disconnects, you may have something else running thats causing it, check your startup items in msconfig and shut down any you dont need, especially those that 'auto update', like Windows Update, anti virus, etc.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com